No announcement yet.

Had a pretty heated Kaepernick debate last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I say the situation will blow over, I'm really referring just to the drama over Kaep himself. I would argue that the national anthem protests have morphed into an issue larger than Kaep. In fact there was the whole thing with Jenkins inviting him to the NFL meeting and Kaep calling Jenkins a liar, etc. It's not about Kaep anymore. He's no longer the torch bearer for the NFL players.

If a team signed him today, the protests would continue and they will continue, with or without him, until who knows when. But Kaep has his own personal baggage (the pig stuff, fidel castro - stuff that he did that the media will want to discuss ad nauseum). So while the issue was made larger, signing Kaep is really just about Kaep and his risk/reward.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 11-03-2017, 04:43 PM.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post

I mean, I'm sure you guys can find someone who actual helps your arguments, right?
      Depends on whether you rely on box score scouting to make personnel decisions
      Not aware of any teams that use that strategy, maybe the Podesta-Browns.

Gotta run - I'm off to a land war in Asia, but I did get a chuckle out of your Terpitude

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
        He isn't very good and he's a douchebag. And you'd have to change your entire offense to suit him. Why would anybody do that ? Why would 10 other players change everything they've done for the entire season to accommodate a douchebag who isn't very good ?
        Pretty simple stuff

Jeff George had a cannon arm and was a former 1st rounder. The reason he couldn't find work had little to do with his QB skills. It was because he was a dickhead. And you can't have a dickhead as the leader of your team and face of your franchise.

How come nobody cried a river for Jeff George, while lesser QBs found work ?

If yer pining for Kaep, yer a fucking dumbass.
        The Texans wouldn't have to change their offense at all, as it was running under Watson. And being that Jay fucking Cutler has found work, you're going to tell me that being an asshole is the absolute deal-breaker?
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
          Depends on whether you rely on box score scouting to make personnel decisions
          Not aware of any teams that use that strategy, maybe the Podesta-Browns.

Gotta run - I'm off to a land war in Asia, but I did get a chuckle out of your Terpitude
          Tebow must have been given those tryouts based on the eye test compared to Kaepernick.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

If this is really some league-wide, coordinated collusion against Kaepernick because he is an outspoken black player, why are Richard Sherman, Malcolm Jenkins, Michael Bennett, et al still employed?

Seems like a more convincing argument vs trying to cherrypick old players

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              The Texans wouldn't have to change their offense at all, as it was running under Watson. And being that Jay fucking Cutler has found work, you're going to tell me that being an asshole is the absolute deal-breaker?
              Yates and McGloin know the system! You know, the one that was 28th in yards and 29th in points last year before Deshaun Watson.

But I'm just looking at stats.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

I didn’t see that article, but the comparison is interesting.

Comment

Simple, no one ever said they would boycott a team for employing Malcolm Jenkins. No one ever burned his jersey or printed a t-shirt that had him in crosshairs.

Comment

Originally posted by stjoebirdsfan View Post
                    If this is really some league-wide, coordinated collusion against Kaepernick because he is an outspoken black player, why are Richard Sherman, Malcolm Jenkins, Michael Bennett, et al still employed?

Seems like a more convincing argument vs trying to cherrypick old players
                    I'm not cherry picking old players. Others are comparing Kaepernick to Tebow and Doug Williams as their evidence that this is based on him being a no-talent, washed up QB that can't understand an offense other than the one he ran in SF.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                    X