Ferguson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    Everyone pays taxes. Sales taxes, gas tax, etc.

THAT all depends on how you look at it, not saying what you posted is wrong DB, but that statement is taking some liberties. Everyone pays "some" tax.

For instance, I know people that get FAR more money back on ICT than they pay in, it more than offsets their sales tax on items purchased.
    Last edited by Eagle Road; 11-26-2014, 12:01 PM.

Comment

While I certainly don't condone rioting and looting

especially when it's where you lay your head, I can completely understand the frustration. Darren Wilson said the he felt like a 5 year old in the arms of Hulk Hogan, but look at the photos of him. Not a scratch. They told us he had an orbital fracture. His eyes looked perfectly fine. Now we know why they didn't release the photos of him until they had to, because the photos don't match the story. There is a pattern here, and if you choose to turn a blind eye to it, then that's on you. Even if Mike Brown robbed a convienience store, he's still entitled to have his day in court. Darren Wilson's job is to arrest and apprehend, not shoot dead in the middle of the street. The worst part is that the Ferguson police department didnt feel it was necessary to have dash cams in their vehicles. So, they can have brand new 2014 police cruisers, but can't afford to put dash cameras in them ? Does that make sense. A camera would have given us an opportunity to see and/or hear exactly when went on.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
        especially when it's where you lay your head, I can completely understand the frustration. Darren Wilson said the he felt like a 5 year old in the arms of Hulk Hogan, but look at the photos of him. Not a scratch. They told us he had an orbital fracture. His eyes looked perfectly fine. Now we know why they didn't release the photos of him until they had to, because the photos don't match the story. There is a pattern here, and if you choose to turn a blind eye to it, then that's on you. Even if Mike Brown robbed a convienience store, he's still entitled to have his day in court. Darren Wilson's job is to arrest and apprehend, not shoot dead in the middle of the street. The worst part is that the Ferguson police department didnt feel it was necessary to have dash cams in their vehicles. So, they can have brand new 2014 police cruisers, but can't afford to put dash cameras in them ? Does that make sense. A camera would have given us an opportunity to see and/or hear exactly when went on.

Not sure a dash cam would have caught what happened since car was parked at an angle across the lanes of traffic, should have a vest cam.

BTW, what is the deal with the 12YO boy shot in your neck of the woods? Said they have clear video, has it been posted?

Comment

He had an airsoft BB gun

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
          Not sure a dash cam would have caught what happened since car was parked at an angle across the lanes of traffic, should have a vest cam.

BTW, what is the deal with the 12YO boy shot in your neck of the woods? Said they have clear video, has it been posted?
          The orange tip had been taken off. It's unknown if he got it from home or from a friend. A 911 caller said that there was a kid waving a gun around at the park, but also said that the gun could be fake. The fake part apparently wasn't relayed to the officers by the dispatcher. The kid had the gun in his waistband when he was approached by officers. The cops told him to put his hands up, and he went to pull the gun out. Cop shot him twice in the stomach and killed him. I haven't seen any video. I'll point out that they were only standing ten feet away from the kid. I'm not sure why they had to shoot him in the stomach. Maybe they could have gone for a leg or something.
          Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 11-26-2014, 12:49 PM.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

The orange tip had been taken off. It's unknown if he got it from home or from a friend. A 911 caller said that there was a kid waving a gun around at the park, but also said that the gun could be fake. The fake part apparently wasn't relayed to the officers by the dispatcher. The kid had the gun in his waistband when he was approached by officers. The cops told him to put his hands up, and he went to pull the gun out. Cop shot him twice in the stomach and killed him. I haven't seen any video. I'll point out that they were only standing ten feet away from the kid. I'm not sure why they had to shoot him in the stomach. Maybe they could have gone for a leg or something.

I DO understand what you are stating about not shooting in the stomach, I asked one of our troopers about that once, was told they are trained to shoot "center mass".

Comment

Or maybe the kid could have done what the cop told him to do and put his hands up and not reach for a weapon (Fake or Not). Had he done that he would be alive today. The same goes for the kid in Ferguson, MO. Don't want to die? Don't assault a police officer and try to take his gun. Both events were both avoidable.

Comment

Do you have kids?

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                Or maybe the kid could have done what the cop told him to do and put his hands up and not reach for a weapon (Fake or Not). Had he done that he would be alive today. The same goes for the kid in Ferguson, MO. Don't want to die? Don't assault a police officer and try to take his gun. Both events were both avoidable.
                12 year olds aren't exactly the most linear thinking people on the planet. He could've been reaching for it to show them it was fake. He could have panicked. Don't put adult thinking on a kid.
                DB

Comment

It's a 12 year old

There are full grown functioning adults that wouldn't be thinking straight when there are a bunch of police officers pointing their guns at them, why are you expecting a 12 year old to do it. They were ten feet away, if a cop can't hit a target from 10 feet, then they don't need to be carrying a gun. Fuck what they're trained to shoot at, think outside of the box. Go for a leg, go for an arm, instead of straight for the kill shot. That can't be the way that they police the public. Comply or your dead.
                  Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 11-26-2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Here's how I look at it

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                    THAT all depends on how you look at it, not saying what you posted is wrong DB, but that statement is taking some liberties. Everyone pays "some" tax.

For instance, I know people that get FAR more money back on ICT than they pay in, it more than offsets their sales tax on items purchased.
                    When the cashier says, "five dollars and sixty cents with tax," that's a tax. I'm paying it. You're paying it. Po' folk is paying it.
                    DB

Comment

Been hearing about these kind of tragedies since I was a kid

..difficult situation, I remember when they made it mandatory to put the orange safety tips on the non lethal lookalikes. Plus all the times that happen with real weapons that don't involve any shooting. Officers are continuously having to make "instant" judgements.

Challenging and heartbreaking.
                      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

12 year olds aren't exactly the most linear thinking people on the planet. He could've been reaching for it to show them it was fake. He could have panicked. Don't put adult thinking on a kid.
                        As a matter of fact I do. And he's 12. I also raised him to NEVER point a weapon at anyone, not even a finger gun. And I'm sorry, at 12 years old you should know that.

Comment

As a matter of fact I do. And he's 12. I also raised him to NEVER point a weapon at anyone, not even a finger gun. And I'm sorry, at 12 years old you should know that.
                          Yeah, that stupid twelve year old boy that may or may not have had the exact same guidance your son did totally deserved what he got.

Twelve.
                          Last edited by stealth_rhino; 11-26-2014, 01:35 PM.
                          Originally posted by 3rd & Inches
                          Don't type mad.

Comment

There are full grown functioning adults that wouldn't be thinking straight when there are a bunch of police officers pointing their guns at them, why are you expecting a 12 year old to do it. They were ten feet away, if a cop can't hit a target from 10 feet, then they don't need to be carrying a gun. Fuck what they're trained to shoot at, think outside of the box. Go for a leg, go for an arm, instead of straight for the kill shot. That can't be the way that they police the public. Comply or your dead.
                            So do you think it's the cop's fault?

Comment

Oh, I didn't realize

That all 12 year olds should conform exactly to your standards and those of your impeccably-raised 12 year old. Perhaps if you posted a list of standards for 12 year olds, including top ten rules, it would help to avoid these sorts of tragedies in the future. The rest of us lesser parents certainly would appreciate it. Also, I wonder if you'd include your position on interracial dating.

Thanks in advance,

DB
                              DB

Comment

When the cashier says, "five dollars and sixty cents with tax," that's a tax. I'm paying it. You're paying it. Po' folk is paying it.

Not trying to be argumentative DB, BUT, again, it all depends, for instance, if you are Po' folk, and you are on Gov. assistance, and you are paying that cashier with food stamps, there IS NO TAX COLLECTED.

Read below,

"By federal law, sales tax may not be charged on food purchased with food benefits. If your household purchases food with a combination of food benefits and cash, sales tax may only be charged for taxable items paid with cash".

Comment

Working...
                                X