Wentz on the final two possessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz on the final two possessions

Really sold me on him. I no longer have any questions about whether he gets scared in these situations.

True. Cowboys knew they couldn’t give the ball back to wentz too which is why they went for it on 4th and 1.

That said Wentz was trash for the first 3 quarters and he deserves most of the blame for the L today.

It just wasn’t meant to be this season. Wentz is still the franchise and will have this team competing for a long time. Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.

Comment

The defense was great to start the game, and Wentz was horrible.

Wentz was great to end the game, and the defense was horrible.

This was a full team loss. Ultimately I think it was the result of having street free agents in the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        The defense was great to start the game, and Wentz was horrible.

Wentz was great to end the game, and the defense was horrible.

This was a full team loss. Ultimately I think it was the result of having street free agents in the secondary.
        Defense did their job. To be bageled at the end of the half is inexcusable. Wentz gets a lot my blame for this one but I have no worries about him as the franchise going forward. He’s obviously still trying to get it together from his injury right now.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
          Defense did their job. To be bageled at the end of the half is inexcusable. Wentz gets a lot my blame for this one but I have no worries about him as the franchise going forward. He’s obviously still trying to get it together from his injury right now.
          The Eagles were only in this game due to TOs, but under no circumstance would I say the defense did its job. They gave up 450 passing yards, 150 rushing yards, and 3 passing TDs in the 4th quarter OT, one of which ultimately capped an 8-minute drive to end the game.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            The Eagles were only in this game due to TOs, but under no circumstance would I say the defense did its job. They gave up 450 passing yards, 150 rushing yards, and 3 passing TDs in the 4th quarter OT, one of which ultimately capped an 8-minute drive to end the game.
            IMO if the defense (in their current state) can keep them in the game, they did their job. They more than did that today for 3.5 quarters. Offense had plenty of opportunities and didn’t capitalize on them. Wentz was horrific in the first half it’s on him.

Like I said I’m not worried about him long term but he was exceptionally bad today and it’s for a myriad of reasons, some of which are out of his control such as the RB and O line situation.

Edit to add: another reason is Doug’s play calling
            Last edited by broadstreetparade; 12-09-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

meh. They were on the field for 45+ minutes of game time. They didn't help themselves by giving up so many 3rd downs, but the offense did them no favors.

Comment

Nor did the coaching or refs.
                WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

yeah

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
                  Nor did the coaching or refs.
                  I'm really down on Doug for this loss. Everyone can see him eye-fucking Ertz. Sometimes he moves on to other receivers, but it's the same deal.

Also, the tate trade is another failure IMHO. All it's done is get Goedert off the field and clearly that's a dumb idea - kid should be out there. And running some 12 personnel, assuming Ertz can actually block, is pretty tough to defend.

Comment

Working...
                  X