No announcement yet.

I thought Wentz didn't play well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been harder on Wentz this year than you have, but I agree with the sentiment of this post.

When Wentz got hurt last year, he lost his chance to win with house money. Now every year, the conversation will be whether or not Wentz can "get it done." Not only are the odds of winning an SB any year incredibly slim, the odds of a coach winning multiple SBs are miniscule. The only guys to do it in the past 20 years are Belichick and Coughlin. But from now on the commentary will essentially be about whether Pederson can win his second SB in 3, 4, 5...and so on years.

Last night my dad was texting me about how Wentz's "inability to make one big play when the game is on the line." Not only is it unrealistic to expect a guy to do that every week...that was the only situation in which Wentz played well yesterday.

Comment

I agree.

However, you bought yourself grief yesterday when you insisted didn’t suck in the first half. He was in fact abominable in the first half and in the second until the two yard touchdown drive.

You can and should be a Wentz believe but don’t be NPC about it.
      Last edited by RSE; 12-10-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Fair enough.

I was getting that knee jerkoff WIP vibe and went a little too much beer goggles.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Carson doesn't quite trust his knee yet and Doug might as well have had Andy Reid calling the plays yesterday...I was having flashbacks of LOS passes to Pinkston all day.
          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Doug and Howie did a real disservice to Wentz by focusing on Wentz’s physical rehabilitation and giving him Taylor as a QB coach. They never should have handed Wentz’s playing rehabilitation to a rookie QB coach. Hell it would have been a challenge for DeFilippo.
            Last edited by RSE; 12-10-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

This

Comment

that goes back to the McDaniels fuckery

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                Doug and Howie did a real disservice to Wentz by focusing on Wentz’s physical rehabilitation and giving him Taylor as a QB coach. They never should have handed Wentz’s playing rehabilitation to a rookie QB coach. Hell it would have been a challenge for DeFilippo.
                Even if Reich left, Defilippo would have stayed and been promoted. Instead, we were scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

PS - I posted earlier this year that Jon Richie on WIP indicated he thought Wentz's mechanics are off and with all the high balls he's throwing (particularly early in games) it certainly makes sense.

Comment

His footwork is clearly off. Last year he had the footwork of a young Aaron Rodgers.

Comment

Working...
                    X