No announcement yet.

Info on when single game tix go on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a suite at the Sixers a couple seasons ago, and I could have sworn the fee was still fairly low.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I will say I’ve bought football tickets on Stubhub before and the fees were never like this. Could be Gov. Fredo the Thug Cuomo got some new fee on secondary market sales in the People’s Republic of New York.

Comment

Lol Fredo Cuomo. That's not Chris?
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

You're right that leagues aren't annoyed. That's why scalping is legal now. My understanding is that it was only ever illegal because the leagues were made that someone else was making money on the tickets. But now with platforms like Stubhub, leagues can more easily sell out their tickets in minutes/hours, and let other people deal with the risk of the tickets being worthless if a team is out of contention halfway through the season.

Something I didn't really like last year was that TM listed the NFL ticket exchange tickets on the same page as the first-hand tickets. IIRC they didn't even wait until tickets sold out to do this. I generally don't have a problem with scalping, but that was misleading.

Lately I've paid pretty high fees on Stubhub. It looks like tickets this year are a lot cheaper than last year, and will probably fall to not much more than face value by the time game day rolls around. But I'm thinking $120 Stubhub tickets will have $25 in fees tacked on.

Comment

Having said this, I bought two on Stubhub on the 30 yard line seventh row to take my wife, who only gets the best, to see the Bills try to squish the Fish the week before the Eagles. Cost $323.

The tickets themselves were lower than face. The rest is “taxes and fees.”
            Last edited by RSE; 04-25-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

If your wife 'only gets the best' why the hell are you dragging her to watch the sorry ass Bills?

Comment

Bwah. It’s a thing to do.

I’m going to Clemson to see them play Florida State the week before that.

Comment

Nice. i need to make a trip to death valley with my kids.

met some family last week down at the redneck rivera (myrtle beach). our kids' spring break finally fell on same week so we had a nice little valley reunion. My mom was kind enough to arm my niece with 6 bottles of Lupo's Original for me.

As soon as we got home I cut up a package of chicken breasts, marinated for 24 hours, and put on kabobs with peppers and onions to grille. Absolutely fantastic.

Best part is sharing with neighbors who've never had one and seeing their lives change instantly.
                  Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-25-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Man I miss Lupo’s. I don’t get home enough.

They have Salamida’s up here which I despise, though the chicken sauce is the bomb. You probably know they swear by Chiavetta’s here, but I won’t use it since I prefer not to marinate my chicken in pure vinegar. Like every other Buffalo speciality that doesn’t include Frank’s hot sauce, it is pedestrian.

Comment

they sell Salamida's down here in some grocery stores but I don't waste my money.

I can piss in a bag and throw chicken in it for free.

Comment

I’ll buy Wegmans brand instead. Salamida tastes like Lupos with dirt in it.

Comment

I didn't know wegman's had a version. that's good to know because they're finally building 3 of them in Wake County. One will be very close to my house in Wake Forest but it's gonna be over a year before it's done.

Chuuuuuuuuurch!
                          Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-26-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X