No announcement yet.

How do you fire someone after 24 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you fire someone after 24 years?

This Phil Martelli story is not making sense. Andy Reid wasn't treated like this and he was only with the eagles 12 years. Wonder if they covering something up

Because he's been a shitty coach for a long time and its time for new blood.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
      Because he's been a shitty coach for a long time and its time for new blood.
      After 24 years I thought it was forced retirement or resign.

Comment

THEY OFFERED HIM TO GO PEACEFULLY AND RESIGN, HE SAID NO SO THEY FIRED HIM.

BA- BYE.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

You gamble your gas money and frequent oversized titty bars. Don’t worry about Phil’s situation too much, WIP will take care of eulogizing him for the next five years.

Comment

Originally posted by smg View Post
            This Phil Martelli story is not making sense. Andy Reid wasn't treated like this and he was only with the eagles 12 years. Wonder if they covering something up
            When you guide your program to exactly one NCAA tournament victory in the PAST 14 YEARS you are lucky you didn't get shit-canned earlier.

The deification of Phil Martelli is illogical.
            Last edited by 06hawkalum; 03-22-2019, 07:23 AM.

Comment

he also made at least 900K/yr for the last 5 years. Cue the Violin.
              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-22-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smg View Post
                You sir, are a loser
                I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

What's the difference anyway?

No matter what you call it, he's done. Time to move on. No one should be there that long anyway, unless they had a truly exemplary record.

Comment

They were comparing Martelli to Brian Dawkins on WIP this morning (I know I'm an idiot for listening). The pity party for him is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen in this city, and he plays the victim card so well.

Comment

What I don't get is what exactly happened that was so bad? Season ended and then the AD called him and said he's fired? He even admitted that each year when the results were sub-par the post-season meetings were generally about changes. What did he expect?

Comment

I expect the pressure from alumni and donors to shitcan him could no longer be ignored.

Comment

Guy is a total asshole with an enormous ego.

He thought he was due the coach's job for life AND the power to name his successor.

By the end of his reign he had completely deluded himself.

His performance this morning on WIP was an utter embarrassment. I lost every ounce of respect I had for the guy.

Comment

Ha what? In that case, what was Andy Reid?

I get that college coaches play a unique role in their players' lives, but it's not like Martelli is the first good guy to get fired. There was also that time when he wouldn't let a grad student transfer, but I guess one incident in 24 years doesn't make him a bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                              They were comparing Martelli to Brian Dawkins on WIP this morning (I know I'm an idiot for listening). The pity party for him is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen in this city, and he plays the victim card so well.
                              WHICH IS WHY I DON'T LISTEN TO THEM JAGOFFS.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X