Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles sign QB Josh McCown out of retirement

For $2m

I received an alert but haven’t seen details yet.

Fine with the move

Kap Blowers will be pissed

camp arm...badly needed.
    Last edited by TRENT; 08-17-2019, 11:14 AM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Good with it. Can play if needed and won't be around very long anyways.

Comment

He didn't come out of retirement to be a camp arm at this stage. It'll be Wentz, Suds and McCown on the 53. Thorson practice squad maybe?

Comment

2M guaranteed at signing with a chance to earn up to 5.4M with incentives it’s being reported. He probably automatically becomes No.2 knocking Sudfeld back to No.3.
          Last edited by bobbyuk; 08-17-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
            2M guaranteed at signing with a chance to earn up to 5.4M with incentives it’s being reported. He probably automatically becomes No.2 knocking Sudfeld back to No.3.
            That is what they are saying, but I feel Suds is better to be the back up then McCown. 2 mil guaranteed I would have rather waited on concussion protocal and picked up anyone just for game 3.

Comment

Here’s why they did it

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
              For $2m

Let’s say Wentz strains a calf or bruises his shoulder during September. Not season-ending.

And let’s say Sudfeld isn’t available until the end of the first month of the season...

looking at Kessler or Thorson as your QB where 2-3 wins certainly makes a difference when discussing playing a home playoff game or the playoffs in general is scary. Bringing McCown in now, giving him a few weeks to learn the offense and practice may be the difference between going deep in the playoffs or watching them from the sofa.

OTOH- I’m not entirely convinced that Sudfeld is safely entrenched on the active roster this year.

Comment

McBlown

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                For $2m

McClown.

NHOH
                DB

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Let’s say Wentz strains a calf or bruises his shoulder during September. Not season-ending.

And let’s say Sudfeld isn’t available until the end of the first month of the season...

looking at Kessler or Thorson as your QB where 2-3 wins certainly makes a difference when discussing playing a home playoff game or the playoffs in general is scary. Bringing McCown in now, giving him a few weeks to learn the offense and practice may be the difference between going deep in the playoffs or watching them from the sofa.

OTOH- I’m not entirely convinced that Sudfeld is safely entrenched on the active roster this year.
                  Perhaps somebody is headed to the IR list.

Another thought: As much talent as Wentz has, it is easy to imagine a scenario where he misses games. He has not shown durability.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Journeyman De Tutti Journeymen
                    --------

Comment

Great signing & insurance policy.

Comment

mccown is clearly gonna be #2 behind Wentz all season.

Kessler likely odd man out. Eagles need to decide on keeping Sudefeld or Spaulding Thorson as the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                          mccown is clearly gonna be #2 behind Wentz all season.

Kessler likely odd man out. Eagles need to decide on keeping Sudefeld or Spaulding Thorson as the 3.
                          I'm thinking Sudefeld to IR (he has a legitimate injury... one which prompted McKCown's signing) and Thorson as #3

As always I am probably wrong.
                          --------

Comment

WASN'T HIS NAME McCLOWN ON THIS BORED? LET'S HOPE IT'S NOT AGAIN.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                            X