Our first quarter malaise has got to end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first quarter malaise has got to end

Score, fuckers. You can't wait til the second half.

I think they miss Reich....

.....I’ve noticed a drop in preparedness and a real sloooooow down in game starts like you are mentioning since his departure.

I don’t believe it’s coincidence.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Yeah., maybe

Run the damn ball. Keep running it. Throw more mid length passes. Act like you own the game, Stop being cutsie.

Comment

This is true in general, but whatever the game plan was last night, it went in the trash halfway through the first series... if it even made it that long.

Still, your point is correct. It’s definitely been a recurring problem since Reich moved on.

Comment

I’d like to see them take the ball first if they win the toss.

Comment

Though, for what it is worth, it stopped being an issue when Foles went in at the end of last year.

Comment

The game plan was in the shitter before...

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              This is true in general, but whatever the game plan was last night, it went in the trash halfway through the first series... if it even made it that long.

Still, your point is correct. It’s definitely been a recurring problem since Reich moved on.
              the first snap with Goedert sidelined pregame. With only two TEs on active roster they tried to use Big V as a TE in 12 personnel, to disastrous results. Then you lose your #1 and #2 receivers in the first possession. The Falcons saw are best receivers sidelined and focused on the run, we were screwed and the fact we actually came back and took the lead was amazing. Its the injuries that screwed us, just ask the Saints and Steelers who actually have bigger problems than us at this point.
              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                the first snap with Goedert sidelined pregame. With only two TEs on active roster they tried to use Big V as a TE in 12 personnel, to disastrous results. Then you lose your #1 and #2 receivers in the first possession. The Falcons saw are best receivers sidelined and focused on the run, we were screwed and the fact we actually came back and took the lead was amazing. Its the injuries that screwed us, just ask the Saints and Steelers who actually have bigger problems than us at this point.
                Alshon and Desean were iffy in the pregame too. The script was scrapped pretty much as soon as they got off the bus. It was just a fucked kinda night.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                  .....I’ve noticed a drop in preparedness and a real sloooooow down in game starts like you are mentioning since his departure.

I don’t believe it’s coincidence.
                  Been saying this shit for a year now. Groh is not a good OC and Doug is a shit play caller on most days. Noticed the O went to shit when Frank left.

Comment

BDN should be playing qb for this team!

Comment

Establishing the running game

The Eagles aren't establishing the running game early on. I mean they aren't having enough success. The 2017 team ran the ball well early, which helped sustain drives and led to scoring. Neither last year nor this year's team is effectively getting the rushing yards needed to open up the passing game.

Maybe it was Reich or maybe the talent they have isn't the same as when they had Blount.

Comment

Why? He tearing it up for the Jags? Oh...wait
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                          BDN should be playing qb for this team!
                          WHO??? NHOH.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

It reared its ugly head in the Saints playoff game
                            Last edited by BirdBrawn; 09-17-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Agreed....Pederson goes too far away

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
                              Run the damn ball. Keep running it. Throw more mid length passes. Act like you own the game, Stop being cutsie.
                              ..from things when Wentz starts....too much FF influence IMO

But the anemic starts go all the way back to the beginning of last season.
                              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                              X