Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2018, 11:28 PM  
Posted in reply to Drama Queen's post starting "They need to get rid of him"
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen View Post
They need to get rid of him
That would be sheer idiocy.

You buy low and sell high, not the other way around. He'll be fine next year.
06hawkalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 04:49 AM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "That would be sheer idiocy. You buy..."
dev_32

Yes, the VR technology should be much improved then!
dev_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 05:54 AM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Yes, the VR technology should be much..."
Ground_Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_32 View Post
Haaaaaa!!

They screwed this up royally. We are at the point right now where rookies have to at least a little fearful to get drafted by this team. Thank goodness the players on the floor look good so far this season.
Ground_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 06:40 AM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post "Good God this is vomit inducing"
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

TRUST THE PROCESS... WAIT WHAT?
Unread 02-13-2018, 07:53 AM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Yes, the VR technology should be much..."
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_32 View Post
The kid is 19, has plenty of time to figure things out. Besides, all professional sports teams are using VR technology in some capacity.
Unread 02-13-2018, 07:54 AM  
Posted in reply to Drama Queen's post starting "They need to get rid of him"
Susquehanna Birder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen View Post
They need to get rid of him
I have no doubt that wherever he would end up, his shooting would magically improve.
Unread 02-13-2018, 07:55 AM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "Haaaaaa!! They screwed this up..."
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground_Meat View Post
Haaaaaa!!

They screwed this up royally. We are at the point right now where rookies have to at least a little fearful to get drafted by this team. Thank goodness the players on the floor look good so far this season.
1. How did the Sixers screw this up? This issue emerged months after he was drafted.

2. Why would rookies be afraid of getting drafted by this team? Simmons and Embiid are doing just fine.

3. As you allude to, the Sixers have the luxury of shrugging this off because they clearly don't need Fultz to be a playoff team this year, perhaps as high as a three seed. They can buy their way out of this over the next two seasons by signing a couple of max contract types like George, LBJ, Durant, Butler, and Lowry. The opportunity to join a team with Ben and JoJo and help make them perrenial championship contenders will make Philly a very attractive landing spot. Within two years the Eastern Conference will be the Sixers and Celtics with the rest of the pack far behind.

Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-13-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Unread 02-13-2018, 08:42 AM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "The kid is 19, has plenty of time to..."
dev_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06hawkalum View Post
The kid is 19, has plenty of time to figure things out. Besides, all professional sports teams are using VR technology in some capacity.
I really do appreciate your optimism. However, a #1 pick forgetting how to shoot a basketball is very disturbing.
dev_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 08:46 AM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post "Good God this is vomit inducing"
McCarthy12

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on, man. 19 year olds flat out forget how to shoot overnight all the time! He's going to be fine!

Thanks, BC!!
McCarthy12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 08:53 AM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "I really do appreciate your optimism. ..."
Snakebitten

Colangelo is a mess. What's worse is losing an additional first rounder. Imagine how much better this team would have been if Hinkie was still around? It would nearly be impossible for him to have done a poorer job than this chump. This team is winning despite him.
Snakebitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 09:38 AM  
Posted in reply to Snakebitten's post starting "Colangelo is a mess. What's worse is..."
brotherharv

Just hoping the kidís issues are physical and not mental. Physical far easier to correct. Hoping for the best for him, on and off the court, itís easy to forget this kidís only 19.
brotherharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 11:46 AM  
Posted in reply to McCarthy12's post starting "Come on, man. 19 year olds flat out..."
nerd

nerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy12 View Post
Come on, man. 19 year olds flat out forget how to shoot overnight all the time! He's going to be fine!

Thanks, BC!!
If that profootball doc guy is to be believed (and he's pretty much dead on for most of what he writes)...and if Fultz does have that muscle imbalance in his shoulder..then this isn't that unusual. From what he wrote, you pretty much have to retrain your muscles and if that doesn't work, surgery is possible.

Also, I read that a symptom of that issue is shooting the ball short and to the right because your shoulder dips. I watched a video of fultz shooting and his form looked solid but he was shooting short, like air ball short.

The sixers are worse than the flyers when it comes to injuries, but there is enough evidence to believe the shoulder issue is likely to have happened.
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:02 PM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "If that profootball doc guy is to be..."
McCarthy12

I guess, man. It's frustrating that we have to speculate from internet doctors because the Sixers don't deal with the media or fans at arms length. Until they prove otherwise, I have to assume they either caused this or failed to realize what was going on early enough to correct it. They don't get the benefit of the doubt.

It's not Fultz's fault (unless he up and decided to change his shot on his own) but right now he looks like a bust at a time when they needed that pick to be a big impact player. It's too bad because he could be the difference between this team being in the 6-7 seed range and the 4-5 seed range.
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:21 PM  
Posted in reply to McCarthy12's post starting "I guess, man. It's frustrating that we..."
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy12 View Post
I guess, man. It's frustrating that we have to speculate from internet doctors because the Sixers don't deal with the media or fans at arms length. Until they prove otherwise, I have to assume they either caused this or failed to realize what was going on early enough to correct it. They don't get the benefit of the doubt.

It's not Fultz's fault (unless he up and decided to change his shot on his own) but right now he looks like a bust at a time when they needed that pick to be a big impact player. It's too bad because he could be the difference between this team being in the 6-7 seed range and the 4-5 seed range.
Here's the thing though...there don't appear to be any big impact players from that draft. Tatum? Ball? lol

What will sting if Fultz ends up being a bust is the lost 1st round pick.

However, if was worth the risk and I am not going to blame Collars for Fultz's mentor jacking up his shot months after the draft.
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:46 PM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "Here's the thing though...there don't..."
McCarthy12

I also appreciate your optimism but any rookie that has played a minute is having more of an impact than Fultz. There are other rookies out there playing well and contributing.

I hadn't heard about his mentor changing his shot but you think the Sixers have no culpability? If you invest millions of dollars in an asset of your business and then you let a third party come in and mess it up, that's malpractice. There's no way you slice this where the Sixers look good.

Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-13-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Unread 02-13-2018, 01:59 PM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "Here's the thing though...there don't..."
Sect 236

Donovan Mitchell is proving to be an impact player from this draft. Not saying they would have taken him at 3, just saying, he's an impact player who people are (wrongfully) saying should beat Ben for ROY.

I'm going to remain optimistic on Fultz, but, honestly, I have no idea how this plays out. There's probably a better chance that he never recovers than he gets on track, but, we don't have to look far for an example of a guy getting his head on straight and becoming what he was expected to be. Agholor had a pretty great season, no?
Sect 236 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:21 PM  
Posted in reply to Snakebitten's post starting "Colangelo is a mess. What's worse is..."
Sect 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebitten View Post
Colangelo is a mess. What's worse is losing an additional first rounder. Imagine how much better this team would have been if Hinkie was still around? It would nearly be impossible for him to have done a poorer job than this chump. This team is winning despite him.
That he signed Belinelli after he was bought out by ATL instead of trading for him before the deadline was the biggest shock of the NBA season IMO.
Sect 236 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:37 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "That he signed Belinelli after he was..."
Snakebitten

I'm still trying to figure out the deal with Richaun Holmes? Are Johnson and Booker really better options??
Snakebitten is online now   Reply With Quote