My apologies to all Philly GM’s from history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologies to all Philly GM’s from history

Elton Brand just made you all look like superstars with this abomination of a draft. We had a chance to stock our bench with hi potential players and instead we come away with a couple of decent kids and some cash.

Ugh.

To be fair, late first and second round picks are typically, at best, role players. Hard for me to get too worked up about it. But I do think Edwards has a chance to be good and I'm annoyed they traded the pick they could have used on him and gave him to the Celtics. Not sure the guy they got in the first round was worth that. I think Edwards will be better anyway.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      To be fair, late first and second round picks are typically, at best, role players. Hard for me to get too worked up about it. But I do think Edwards has a chance to be good and I'm annoyed they traded the pick they could have used on him and gave him to the Celtics. Not sure the guy they got in the first round was worth that. I think Edwards will be better anyway.
      The beast of a man (6 10 Center from MD) that was picked when they traded AGAIN would have been absolutely perfect to backup Jo.

What a mess.

Comment

I would have rather come away with Porter Jr., Edwards, and Paschall, than what we got.

Comment

In defense of Brand, this was supposed to be a pretty weak draft. Now, if some of the players they were linked to turn out to be good, he's dead to me.

Having to trade a pick to get rid of Jonathon Simmons (who was involved in the Fultz trade) pretty much sums it up for me.

Comment

By the way, get ready for 'LeBron is touring some of the local private schools' rumors Part 2. Kawhi watch is here.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...9fGS9143hTrFWM

Comment

Now he may risk losing all his Free Agents to have a meeting with Kawhi in July which is fruitless because everyone knows he has no intention of signing here. The story is comparable to Lebron checking out schools here last season. Waste of time and resources.

Comment

Ridiculous. Waste of time.

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                By the way, get ready for 'LeBron is touring some of the local private schools' rumors Part 2. Kawhi watch is here.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...9fGS9143hTrFWM

Comment

Yeah, my gut reaction was anger. But if we're in "win now" mode, having a bench full of rookies is not a good idea. Hopefully his excuse of "need as much cap space as possible for free agents" holds true.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                    Yeah, my gut reaction was anger. But if we're in "win now" mode, having a bench full of rookies is not a good idea. Hopefully his excuse of "need as much cap space as possible for free agents" holds true.
                    I agree... I hope he has already got confirmation from both Butler and Harris that they are returning...

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                      I agree... I hope he has already got confirmation from both Butler and Harris that they are returning...
                      If not, wow, will the past year be so brutally bad

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                        Ridiculous. Waste of time.
                        I'm ok with him wasting his time. He needs to do his due diligence. He has no choice. It's just going to suck because the media and other schleprocks will be reporting every irrelevant move that occurs from this point going forward until he ends up somewhere else. My gut tells me there's going to be a surprising move somewhere, I just don't think it's here. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

It can be a huge waste of time if both Butler and Harris leave before Brand meets with Kawhi and he loses out on other big names as well. Too big of a risk.

I'm ok with him wasting his time. He needs to do his due diligence. He has no choice. It's just going to suck because the media and other schleprocks will be reporting every irrelevant move that occurs from this point going forward until he ends up somewhere else. My gut tells me there's going to be a surprising move somewhere, I just don't think it's here. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

I think Butler and Harris already know where they're going. I don't think this will derail it. I'm not concerned with the timing. I have to think they can figure it out. If they can't, we're screwed anyway.

Comment

That's true. The one thing is Brand seemed to know something he said it will all be clear soon after last night's odd draft. I mean he can only know about his own guys no way he can know about any of the other free agents that are not on the team. My guess is Butler is staying maybe even Tobias and he needs all the cap $ he can get.

I think Butler and Harris already know where they're going. I don't think this will derail it. I'm not concerned with the timing. I have to think they can figure it out. If they can't, we're screwed anyway.
                              Last edited by Anthony; 06-21-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X