Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for Trout to Philadelphia

http://www.espn.com/
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

LOL @ Hawk

Comment

I think the Phillies thing was a pipe dream, although perpetuated by the fact that the team has the cash to spend (and will) and that Trout is from South Jerz. However, I do believe trout wants to win a world series (or several) and while I think the Angels are committed to spending, I'm curious what "downside protection" Trout gets besides a full no trade. Opt outs or similar "commitments" from ownership to maintain a certain salary level. I truly think Trout desires to be on a competitive team and is willing to sacrifice relative dollars for the opportunities.

On the last part, Harper was seeking something similar from Middleton, but I'm curious if any language was added to the contract relating to that (e.g. maintain a top 10 payroll or similar).
      Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-19-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
        LOL @ Hawk
        I actually called this one. I cautioned posters here that it was unlikely he would play in Philly because he would not want the attendant pressure and daily godlike adulation.

I thought the possibility of him signing here certainly increased after the Harper acquisition because he had someone with whom to share the spotlight.

As I expected, the reality is that he might DH for a season or two here in his late 30s.

It would have been awesome for him to spend his prime here, but it was a fanboy fantasy from the word go.
        Last edited by 06hawkalum; 03-19-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Yeah you nailed it. . Like that time you said the eagles would win out...

Comment

Well, this a BIG swift kick in the nuts...definitely knocked the wind outta my sails.

Comment

Working...
            X