Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heard an interesting angle on the Eagles offense today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard an interesting angle on the Eagles offense today.

I know I said I was bored with Wentz/Foles but whatever. On his podcast, Sheil Kapadia suggested that one difference might be that Carson liked to be very involved in developing the gameplan and Foles just rolls with whatever the coaches come up with. Dunno if that's making a difference but hadn't heard that take before.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Yeah, also said they've resorted to simplifying the offense and repeating a lot of plays.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Bottom line...

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      I know I said I was bored with Wentz/Foles but whatever. On his podcast, Sheil Kapadia suggested that one difference might be that Carson liked to be very involved in developing the gameplan and Foles just rolls with whatever the coaches come up with. Dunno if that's making a difference but hadn't heard that take before.
      In Foles last two games they did not abandon the running game, in Wentz's wins they stuck with the run too, its only when Doug tries to channel AR that problems develop. BTW, it also appears that they have the most O success out of the 12 package (2 TEs) which is why I think Tate became kind of irrelevant. DG and ZE are a strong pair and cause all kinds of mismatch problems for Ds.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

I would agree with the exception of last week. They went pass-first last week and Foles won them the game. He was great.

There's a bit of an element of the chicken and the egg. If a QB completes 77% of his passes, as Foles did against the Rams, he makes it easier to stick with the run. I generally agree with you that when we have a balanced game plan, Wentz plays well, but his slow starts at times this year really made it difficult to maintain balance. Last year, on the other hand, Wentz was so good on third down (particularly third and long) that he made it easy for the offense to stay balanced.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 12-29-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X