Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    I would say that about past games. But today...he hit the dude in the hands. Fuck.
    He hit like seven guys in the hands. Does he throw a tough ball to catch. The speed, spin?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
      I don't think you can say one one hand he is a great play caller and in the other hand he needs a better OC. He is the one making the calls and if the team has looked animic its on his shoulders as a play caller. It's painfully clear Reich was the game plan guru. Heck Pedey didn't even call the Philly special it was BDN
      well BDN has no mobility which is why his ass is injured

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
        He hit like seven guys in the hands. Does he throw a tough ball to catch. The speed, spin?
        The drops are strange, and it has been multiple receivers. It's something hard for me to judge as a spectator.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          I've written and deleted half a dozen threads about Wentz this season. His talent is undeniable but I just don't get a great feeling right now. The injury stuff really bothers me. He holds onto the ball way too long still. Not all on him today by any stretch, they were terrible across the board, but a great qb finds a way to pull that out. I don't know.
          It's a tough argument to keep making after two monster drops of near-perfect clutch passes in back to back weeks. I just hate the approach to the two-minute drill. He comes out amped, firing the ball down field, often forced into coverage or batted at the line, and before you know it, they're in a 4th and long hole. Then you're one mistake away from death's door. There were opportunities to move the ball before you pinned all of your hopes on a rookie backup wideout making a play.

Maybe that comes from Doug's aggressive mindset. I don't know. But when you have some clock and timeouts to work with, you can afford to take the underneath stuff and get the offense moving, calm everyone down a bit. Crucial drives at the end of games just always feel frantic and out of control. If you watch Rodgers or Brees at the end of a game, the difference is glaring.

Comment

Most of the drops are coming from guys who shouldn't be starting at WR in the NFL. They aren't necessarily easy catches but it's not on Wentz. The Eagles would be 3-0 if Jeffery and Jackson were healthy.

The two most egregious drops were by Agholor last week and Goedert today. Those are legit NFL players who were wide open and dropped beautiful passes. Nothing to do with the spin, The latter today wasn't a killer, but who knows. If catches that, the Eagles do have more time on the clock.

edit: I know you've talked to a few people with Eagles connections. Interestingly, I spoke with Brent Celek's dad before the tie game in Cincy in 08, and he said that McNabb threw a hard ball to catch (according to Brent).
            Last edited by art vandelay; 09-22-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              But when you have some clock and timeouts to work with, you can afford to take the underneath stuff and get the offense moving, calm everyone down a bit. Crucial drives at the end of games just always feel frantic and out of control. If you watch Rodgers or Brees at the end of a game, the difference is glaring.
              There always seems to be an atmosphere of desperation involved.
              --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                There always seems to be an atmosphere of desperation involved.
                If you not watching Daniel Jones right now, I highly recommend leaving the TV off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                  If you not watching Daniel Jones right now, I highly recommend leaving the TV off.
                  Sickening
                  --------

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                    Most of the drops are coming from guys who shouldn't be starting at WR in the NFL. They aren't necessarily easy catches but it's not on Wentz. The Eagles would be 3-0 if Jeffery and Jackson were healthy.

The two most egregious drops were by Agholor last week and Goedert today. Those are legit NFL players who were wide open and dropped beautiful passes. Nothing to do with the spin, The latter today wasn't a killer, but who knows. If catches that, the Eagles do have more time on the clock.

edit: I know you've talked to a few people with Eagles connections. Interestingly, I spoke with Brent Celek's dad before the tie game in Cincy in 08, and he said that McNabb threw a hard ball to catch (according to Brent).
                    Seth Joyner said he throws too hard for Nelson. Seems like an NFL receiver should be able to catch a hard throw.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      Sickening
                      First fucking game.

Comment

What a horrific loss

Comment

Today has not been a good day.

Comment

If you watch Rodgers or Brees at the end of a game
                            Or Nick Foles...
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                              Or Nick Foles...
                              Or Daniel freaking Jones.

Comment

I could see that on the third down that Agholor dropped last week, or the end zone throw before the half, but Agholor’s worst drop this year came because he took his eyes off of a perfect ball.

I don’t think Wentz throws differently now from how he did in 2017, which was the season that saved Agholor’s career. I’m gonna say Seth just made that one up.

Comment

Working...
                                X