No announcement yet.

Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s bothering me that I am making the same excuses for him that were made for McNabb for years. Needs better receivers, better blocking, blah blah blah. Foles got it done. End of story.
    Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Ever think coach puts too much on his plate expecting too much of him? Why isnt the offense more balanced? Gotta be calling out Pedey here for his game plan when wentz is the QB vs any other QB he plays with
      Last edited by Spartan92; 09-22-2019, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Please forgive Slizzy

He still hasn’t accepted the fact that Sammy Sleeves is a bum.
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          A win. He’s not a winner.
          These game ending drives always have the same look to them. Throwing into coverage, batted balls, not picking up any yardage on 1st and 2nd down, forcing desperate 4th and long situations... last week was the closest he ever came to pulling one off, fine, it was a good effort. But ignoring the fact that he's winless when trailing in the 4th since 2016 and pretending it has nothing to do with the QB is delusional.

Comment

Everyone’s fault but Wentz. We’ve entered the McNabb cycle.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
              Ever think coach puts too much on his plate expecting too much of him? Why isnt the offense more balanced? Gotta be calling out Pedey here for his game plan when wentz is the QB vs any other QB he plays with
              This is true as well. With Foles he would call quick throws and occasionally take a shot. Not sure if its playcalling or Wentz but everything takes forever to develop.
              Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Wentz has talent but I have always had the sense that he is a little too full of himself.
                I think he gets way too amped up with the game on the line. Every pass is a rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
                  It’s bothering me that I am making the same excuses for him that were made for McNabb for years. Needs better receivers, better blocking, blah blah blah. Foles got it done. End of story.
                  Sure wentz is at fault as well but he ain't the biggest issue. So ya Foles caught lightening in a bottle and will live in Eagles lore forever. Let's see if he wins another SB somewhere else? Or even be as good as he was here. Kinda annointing him like Miles Sanders from practice lol

Comment

I think there is something to what you're saying. He panics and a lot of times tries to get everything back instead of methodically taking what the d will allow. That being said... Guys are dropping balls.

Comment

I hope the Battlehawks sign him!
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
                        This is true as well. With Foles he would call quick throws and occasionally take a shot. Not sure if its playcalling or Wentz but everything takes forever to develop.
                        Definitely play calling. Did you not see the difference in play calling when McCown came in the game last week. Quick strike and run balance. Enter Wentz back to long developing routes and abandoning the run like he is trying to prove he is better than Reid and Mahomes

Comment

That fine to say but please point to the actual...

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                          Everyone’s fault but Wentz. We’ve entered the McNabb cycle.
                          ...events/ acts he could have prevented today or actions where he could have won the game single handily?
                          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Am I dreaming or did he win games in both 2017 and 2018 while trailing in the 4th? Two against the Giants?

Unless you mean that he’s never won when down by 3 or 4 on the last possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                              I think there is something to what you're saying. He panics and a lot of times tries to get everything back instead of methodically taking what the d will allow. That being said... Guys are dropping balls.
                              No question. He threw a good enough to win the game pass at the end. That's not on him.

But getting into these do or die situations is partially on him. And it's become habitual.

Comment

I just wanna hate.
                                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                                X