Confidential to Slizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to Slizzy

If you haven't read this yet, take a gander ... I have a feeling you'll cotton to it.

https://deadspin.com/dont-forget-tha...ird-1832176300
    Last edited by slag; 01-30-2019, 03:40 PM. Reason: sp
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Sometimes good journalism comes from the most unlikely places. Sometimes I watch the movie Funny Games and pretend it's happening to the Kroenkes.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Kind of makes me want to root for the Patriots

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
        I can't root for either team in this game. This is truly a "heads I win, tails you lose" situation.

I was happy when the Bagheads got jobbed, though!
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yeah. An angel got its wings when the Saints got fucked.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
            I'm totally cool with being the last team to knock off TB. Go Pats.

Comment

Completely agree on the Saints. The fact that it was a blatantly blown call makes it even more fun.

Comment

“I feel badly, it was a great state that voted for me, Louisiana...I feel very badly for Louisiana because that was maybe the worst call I’ve ever seen, but I guess there’s nothing they can do about that. And you might say it, I feel badly for Louisiana.”

“So, it’s talent, it’s chemistry — they have a great chemistry with each other — I mean, I like all three of them, as you know, I’m a very good friend with them...Coach Belichick endorsed me, you remember that?

“Belichick is so tough and Kraft is a great guy. The three of them they just have — how good was Brady, I mean, the last game? Not the last game, the last two games. Brady plays better under pressure than he does in a regular game. I mean, that last two minutes, the way he was throwing the ball down the field — they were bullets. And I’ve seen how hard that ball comes at you, those guys were doing a great job. They were catching that, you know? That ball is whipped.”

I'm rooting for the Rams.
                Last edited by art vandelay; 01-31-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Perhaps you should re-read the last sentence of that Deadspin article.

Comment

And the Deadspin writer should read the statement from Kroenke about players and the anthem from 2017. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why the president only tweeted congratulations to one team two weeks ago.

Comment

What statement?

That tepid bullshit playing both sides of the anthem issue?

Comment

As crazy as it is, I think I am actually rooting for the Pats. We've handled them both the last two years so who cares?

Mostly, I'm tired of hearing about how great McVay is. Particularly the fact that when folks talk about the best coaches in the NFL, he is always mentioned and Doug never is. Last I checked, Doug is 2-0 against McVay and 1-0 against Belichek in the Super Bowl. Can McVey win one before we crown him the GOAT?
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

You obviously knew what statement I was talking about. Yes, the one where he said he supported the players' right to demonstrate during the anthem. An owner isn't going to go full Malcolm Jenkins in a statement like that, but it was also enough for only one team to get congrats after making the SB, despite both owners being donors.

If the Pats win this game, I guarantee that the White House ceremony, if not a tweet following the SB, will contain "the Eagles didn't respect our Country or their Fans - now look where they are!"

Comment

Why are you arguing with his support of Trump?

The guy is a turd.

Comment

PS

You seriously think some lukewarm bullshit by an owner to show how down he is with his players' social awareness issues so he can play both sides of the fence is something Trump gives a fuck about?

He knows the game.

Kroenke, Kraft and Woody Johnson of the Jets all gave a fucking mil to Trump.

Oh ... and here's what Kraft said after Trump's anthem statement (it's more pointed than the shitbird with bad hair's):

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/...-nfl-kneeling/
                              Last edited by slag; 02-02-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X