Greta Van Fleet: Yea or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greta Van Fleet: Yea or Nay?

I'm gonna say yea. Kid has a hell of a set of pipes.

But they are going to need to branch out from the Led Zeppelin style stuff if they want to be truly successful.

Then also, Zeppelin was kind of derivative. So now we have the second derivative.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    I'm gonna say yea. Kid has a hell of a set of pipes.

But they are going to need to branch out from the Led Zeppelin style stuff if they want to be truly successful.

Then also, Zeppelin was kind of derivative. So now we have the second derivative.
    I'll give them a Yes on how good they are and a NO on the next Zeppelin, there will never be another one, bands have come through the years and people predicted them to be the next Zeppelin and it never happens. There is an article out there that this band wants people to stop saying they sound and compare them to Zeppelin. Well since the singer sorta sounds like Plant and their music resembles it get over it you will be compared.

Comment

NEVER HEARD OF THEM. SERIOUSLY. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN THE NAME.
      FIRST THOUGHT WAS FEMALE SINGER ON ONE OF THEM TALENT SHOWS ON TV I NEVER WATCH.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

If either Drama's or 3I's mom was Greta Van Sustern

that would be her professional name when the Navy was in town.
        Last edited by slag; 01-27-2019, 11:33 AM. Reason: grammar
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
          NEVER HEARD OF THEM. SERIOUSLY. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN THE NAME.
          FIRST THOUGHT WAS FEMALE SINGER ON ONE OF THEM TALENT SHOWS ON TV I NEVER WATCH.
          They sound like a Zep tribute band but with new material.

At this point they are less than 22 years old so who knows where they can go.,

--------

Comment

Too much of a Zeppelin ripoff for me. Their dude even speaks in a faux British accent.

You're right about how young they are though. They could still branch out.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              Too much of a Zeppelin ripoff for me. Their dude even speaks in a faux British accent.

You're right about how young they are though. They could still branch out.
              No doubt a total Zeppelin ripoff. Hopefully they find their own style.

I'm just glad to see some young musicians playing hard rock. It's been dying off for a while.
              --------

Comment

I say, Yes.

I’m also glad I wasn’t the only one who though of Greta Van Sustern, and since you mentioned 3I’s mom, I instinctually said to myself, Greta Van Snatch.

Greta Van Snatch pole dancing with some Greta Van Fleet playing in the background? That’s called expanding you base. That’s called making money.

Comment

I was talking about them last year at a few Gates

they were on SNL a week ago,,not bad,,its time for the 4 piece rock band to come back,,I'm fine with them..But I thought I told you about umm.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Robert Plant has already called him out for that

and its not so much the accent beside just out right "Aping" Plants inflections and stage presence right down to the the lil San Fran hippie wanna bee that Plant was in the early 70's.....I love the cloths and all but in 2019,,just looks outta place....
                    Last edited by TRENT; 01-27-2019, 02:00 PM.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

I saw them at the Electric Factory last year and they were amazing live. They covered Elvis too. Very exciting band and I don't mind the Zep influence since I live for two things: Eagles football and Led Zeppelin.

I really love "You're The One".

https://youtu.be/S2pa-Eb4wLE

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                          they were on SNL a week ago,,not bad,,its time for the 4 piece rock band to come back,,I'm fine with them..But I thought I told you about umm.
                          You may have. I'm so old I forget a lot of sh*t, especially at gaytes!

I think the publicity from the SNL appearance is what made me take a listen of them.
                          --------

Comment

Wolfmother II.

Comment

I had never heard of them until this. Just watched the videos. Talented but they strike me as being awfully focused on trying to he someone else. Great for a tribute band but very awkward if they are trying to be their own band.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                              X