Slizz and Zoli, you might appreciate this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slizz and Zoli, you might appreciate this

So I'm digging through some drawers last night and I come across my old iPod classic.

It was completely dead battery wise so I decide to charge it up. It charged up (no idea how long it will last) and it worked, so I started playing it.

It was like a time capsule from 11 years ago. Sounds great.

Shuffle play is excellent and I kind of miss the click wheel interface.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Those old iPods were game changers. I also had the one with the buttons over the wheel. That was weird. The click wheel was damn near perfect.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Wow. I just checked the site. There are no iPods of any kind anymore. At least not that they are putting front and center.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        Wow. I just checked the site. There are no iPods of any kind anymore. At least not that they are putting front and center.
        I think they retired anything that had a moving hard disk and/or a click wheel in it a few years ago. Couldn't source the parts anymore.

What I would like to see is a Music app with a virtual click wheel for the iPhone. Might not feel as satisfying as physically clicking but I think they could create something similar. It's amazing how quick you could get to different songs with that thing.
        --------

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          Those old iPods were game changers. I also had the one with the buttons over the wheel. That was weird. The click wheel was damn near perfect.
          Yup completely changed the way we listen to music. I remember old Sony MP3s where youd have to load it to that disk then put it into the player. The Zune was underrated but Apple had already cornered the market.

Im not an Apple fan boy by any means but almost 11 years ago Steve Jobs had his keynote to debut the Iphone. Such a revolutionary product and completely changed the way people interact with technology. Even after the keynote people still had no idea why anyone would ever want a touch screen keyboard or leave black berry messenger.

Heres a pretty good read about it

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/m...an-iphone.html

Get ready, in the next 10 years we will strictly be wearing this tech on our wrists and faces and phones will be obsolete.
          Last edited by broadstreetparade; 10-06-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I think they stopped producing the iPod in 2014/2015. I remember that over they stopped production, the price on eBay skyrocketed.

I still use my iPod classic which makes me look like a flip phone guy, but you can't beat 160 GBs of capacity. I used to be a holier-than-though anti-mp3 guy, but even that sounds better than streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              I think they stopped producing the iPod in 2014/2015. I remember that over they stopped production, the price on eBay skyrocketed.

I still use my iPod classic which makes me look like a flip phone guy, but you can't beat 160 GBs of capacity. I used to be a holier-than-though anti-mp3 guy, but even that sounds better than streaming.
              I think you can still buy an iPod touch, which is basically an iPhone minus the phone. I've been to an Apple store recently and I saw them.

But the iPod classic is definitely no longer available.
              --------

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

PS: I have mixed feelings about mp3 compression. Agree it sounds a lot better than streaming but it sounds a lot worse than a true high fidelity recording.

Also as you get older your ears decline.

A lot depends on the listening environment. Walking on the street I don't think I can tell the difference between an mp3 version of of a song and the uncompressed version. At home I believe I can.
                --------

Comment

Radio zubaz. That's all!!

Comment

I'm afraid of plugging this thing into my computer. Want to put the new McCartney album on it. WTF, here goes.
                    --------

Comment

I'm still rocking my Classic....purchased in 2005
                      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I'm still using my 160 GB classic daily

and it's only half-full!

It occasionally freezes up, but I still love the old thing...

Comment

Working...
                        X