this would be the most absurd rule ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this would be the most absurd rule ever

i get trying to protect players. this would be the rule that would actually ruin football:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-uprights/

also, i had no idea there was a goaltending rule in place. weird that a guy standing in the end zone on a 60-yard attempt isn't allowed to block the ball on its way down.

Agreed. That’s not football...

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      i get trying to protect players. this would be the rule that would actually ruin football:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-uprights/

also, i had no idea there was a goaltending rule in place. weird that a guy standing in the end zone on a 60-yard attempt isn't allowed to block the ball on its way down.
      Part of me thinks they are just floating stupid ideas to pave the road for modifying or eliminating kickoffs.

But this is a particularly stupid idea. A team could make a four point play after a FG?!? 9 point play after a TD?!?

Also would a defense really have a chance to defend such a play?
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Make the kicking team declare when they're going for it and if they miss the other team starts at the 40
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

NHL shootout kind of gay

Comment

You get a special team scrub to take out the kicker

on a blindside block and the kicker is done for the game. This would eliminate the 1pt play for the rest of the game, if not season. Most coaches know that FGs are part of the game and teams go for TDs, not FGs. But with this proposal, the kicker becomes much more significant and would invite teams to sacrifice a BCJ (who would be ejected) to prevent scoring.

Comment

Lemme get this straight

Aside from the obvious objection to intentionally injuring any player ... you are contending that the kicker wasn't previously a sufficiently valuable target, but and the addition of a low probability one-point scoring play would make him one?
              Last edited by slag; 05-27-2018, 06:16 AM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
              X