Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Me too.

As for Nick, his numbers and accomplishments as an Eagle absolutely put him the conversation of greatest Eagles QB of all time (personally, I would argue this). I don't think it is debatable, though, that he is the most important Eagles QB of all time.
    Most important eagle QB of recency bias era.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
      I THINK RANDALL COULD HAVE BEEN TOP 5 ALL TIME IN NFL HISTORY, IF BUDDY KNEW ANYTHING EXCEPT DEFENSE. IGGS COULD HAVE WON A FEW TROPHIES IF BUDDY EVEN HIRED A HIGH END OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR, IF HE CARED EVEN A LITTLE ABOUT THE OFFENSE.
      Those teams were always playing with patchwork offensive lines, receiving corps, and RB groups. Everything fell on Randall... who was basically winging it out there.

It's a shame they didn't have Cris Carter, Mike Quick and Keith Jackson together for a little while longer. They were a running back and a lineman (and a coordinator) away from winning a ring or two.

Everybody talks about '91 being their best shot before Randall went down... I think it was '92, after they picked up Herschel, before Jerome died and they lost Keith Jackson. Or maybe '88, when teams still didn't know what they were dealing with... before the damn fog set in.
      Last edited by The Duck; 03-12-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        Most important eagle QB of recency bias era.
        You spelled "holy shit the Philadelphia eagles won a Super Bowl-bias" wrong

Comment

Sure. If someone wants to argue that the 1960 championship was more important to the franchise or, I suppose, Jaws getting them to the first SB, then ok. But I think it is more than simply recency bias in the sense that the angst that grew between 1960 and 2018 made the day of SB 52 the most important day in Eagles history. And Nick delivered.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Nick didn't just deliver, dude went face to face with Brady and won. Kept slinging and beat the best. (You all know this, but it bears repeating!)

I think everyone here knows I love the Phils, but them beating the Rays is how we win titles. But this was way different.

The Eagles going face to face with an elite franchise with an all-time great at the helm and behind center is how storybooks end, man. People will talk about the Philly Special for decades.
            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-12-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              Sure. If someone wants to argue that the 1960 championship was more important to the franchise or, I suppose, Jaws getting them to the first SB, then ok. But I think it is more than simply recency bias in the sense that the angst that grew between 1960 and 2018 made the day of SB 52 the most important day in Eagles history. And Nick delivered.
              Important I guess I could see. One of the greatest (I know you didn't use that term) doesn't make sense.

That just boggles my mind.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
              X