How about them Wild Pitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about them Wild Pitches

Thought Rhys was going to rush the mound on that last one. Every game, you have to wonder. Could get interesting this season, if it continues.

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
    Thought Rhys was going to rush the mound on that last one. Every game, you have to wonder. Could get interesting this season, if it continues.
    I like seeing Hoskins fired up, but the ejection was a little off...7th inning of a 3-run ball game. It doesn’t make sense.
    Last edited by Ground_Meat; 04-01-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

2 pitches getting away is a coincidence, 3 is intentional. The ump made the right decision.

I'm surprised no one emptied their 32 oz Pepsi on him as he went through the dugout.
      Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

I have always wanted MLB to adopt rules like the NHL and the NBA for players rushing the mound. I think it would start to eliminate pitchers from throwing at players.

1. Nobody can leave the bench. If you do, automatic suspensions get handed out.
        2. No third parties can get involved. Pitcher and hitter "go" until the umps can safely break up the fight. So, position players must remain in position and the same goes for the coaches.

When the pitchers know that nobody is coming to help them, they may think twice before throwing at a player. Also, hitters may think twice as many don't even rush the mound with much aggression. It often appears they give attempt just to show some action on their behalf while waiting for the catcher to stop from getting to the mound. So many times, there is a light jog or a walk to the mound while pointing and yelling. Then benches clear and it is a bunch of nonsense. Make it so if they want to "go" you better be ready to have at it. All parties should "man up".

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeTen View Post
          I have always wanted MLB to adopt rules like the NHL and the NBA for players rushing the mound. I think it would start to eliminate pitchers from throwing at players.

1. Nobody can leave the bench. If you do, automatic suspensions get handed out.
          2. No third parties can get involved. Pitcher and hitter "go" until the umps can safely break up the fight. So, position players must remain in position and the same goes for the coaches.

When the pitchers know that nobody is coming to help them, they may think twice before throwing at a player. Also, hitters may think twice as many don't even rush the mound with much aggression. It often appears they give attempt just to show some action on their behalf while waiting for the catcher to stop from getting to the mound. So many times, there is a light jog or a walk to the mound while pointing and yelling. Then benches clear and it is a bunch of nonsense. Make it so if they want to "go" you better be ready to have at it. All parties should "man up".

Thoughts?

LOL. This would boost MLB #s for sure!!

Comment

Working...
          X