What's up with the Pedey hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with the Pedey hate?

All we really know is that he was a scrub QB on some good teams He's got as much NFL experience as McAdoo and Gase - maybe more since he played the game. He's worked his way up the coaching ladder. Wasn't anything that exciting out there.

He may flop but there's no reason to freak out yet.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    All we really know is that he was a scrub QB on some good teams He's got as much NFL experience as McAdoo and Gase - maybe more since he played the game. He's worked his way up the coaching ladder. Wasn't anything that exciting out there.

I think it's cool that a marginal talent like Pederson has been able to stick in the NFL for so long and rise to this level. It shows commitment, perseverance and a love of the game. Not bad qualities to have in an HC. And players respect him.

I have no idea if he's going to be any good. But if anyone is going to challenge Howie's hegemony, they're going to have to start at the ground floor and work their way up to it. I'll be rooting for the guy.

Comment

It's because Reid (FF) brought him in as the starting QB for the Eagles without him having earned the job.

I believe it has nothing to do with his coaching ability. I wish him good luck dealing with Lurie and Roseman.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Pederson or Kelly ...

..next season will not be pretty. Maybe Dougie will work out, if not, I bet Lurie will be quick to replace him.

Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Yeah he might be ok

Who knows.
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Since Chip Kelly was all the hype and supposed to take the Eagles to the promised land, why not wait and see what Pederson can do. Cannot be any worse.

Comment

that was always my issue

that and he looks like a goober. One issue has nothing to do with his coaching and the other issue is shallow and petty and also has nothing to do with his coaching.

What does have to do with his coaching is that nobody knows anything about his coaching. So...like you, I will wish him good luck in dealing with Howie and Jeffy and with his coaching.
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

there's a ringing endorsement...

Wooo!!! HE MIGHT BE OK!!!
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                  I think it's cool that a marginal talent like Pederson has been able to stick in the NFL for so long and rise to this level. It shows commitment, perseverance and a love of the game. Not bad qualities to have in an HC. And players respect him.

I have no idea if he's going to be any good. But if anyone is going to challenge Howie's hegemony, they're going to have to start at the ground floor and work their way up to it. I'll be rooting for the guy.
                  There are more good coaches who were 2nd and 3rd string players for most or all of their careers than guys who were super stars and then tried to coach. I'm with you. Give Pederson a chance to see what he can do.

Comment

Agreed. Wasn't feeling him at all but just about everything I've read since the hire has described a good guy that players like playing for. We'll see how he is on Sundays but I'm confident the atmosphere AR Novacare is going to be lightyears better. I'm going to be patient with him too. At least until halftime of the first game.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Hahaha

Yeah I like your "goober" analysis. He just looks like a dope.
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I speculate that he might be ok.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Just needs to get good coordinators around him and make him look like a genius!
                          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

We just want a great coach. Not a good one [Ahem. Cough. Time's yours]. We want a Paul Brown, Don Shula, Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, Vince Lombardi, Bill Parcells or Bill Belichick. While there are no guarantees, we at least want to THINK there may be the SLIGHTEST chance Pederson might be a great one. There is NO evidence we can get excited about his hire. That's not hate, just lack of enthusiasm.

Pederson is in the Bill Walsh coaching tree, through Holmgren, through Reid. However, when Bill Walsh was first hired as the Head Coach of the 49ers, he had been an assistant to Al Davis with the Raiders (Sid Gilman tree) and had been the offensive coordinator for Paul Brown's Bengals. Bengal QB Virgil Carter led the league in passing percentage. Walsh developed his WCO in Cincinnati where he was the OC for 8 years. His other QB, Ken Anderson, should be in the Hall of Fame. People forget how long he coached under Brown. All those timing routes, Brown developed in Cleveland.
                            Then Walsh went to Stanford for two years.

Okay, we all know Walsh was great. However, when the 49ers hired him, there was an enormous amount of evidence that Walsh was something special. He had the right mentors and was a winner and was a great game manager. My point is that Bill Walsh had already demonstrated he was one of the best football minds in America--and one of the rising stars of the NFL. You could get excited about the guy's experience and his history of success.

Pederson has none of that. He is Andy Reid's clipboard guy. An assistant to the assistant of a guy who almost won. Could he be the next Bill Walsh? God, I hope so. Eagles fans have had the crap beat out of them for the last 55 years. We deserve better. I am not excited. And then there's Howie.
                            Last edited by KingsessingBob; 01-16-2016, 06:32 PM.

Comment

For me it's that after doing a 180 from Reid, Lurie is trying incredibly hard to go back to FF.

Pederson was the QB that FF brought over from GB. Now Lurie is bringing that guy in to coach. He was also a QB coach under Reid two years ago. Lurie is attempting to revert to Reid on multiple levels. He's even bringing in Reid's "spread game analyst" as OC. These guys will listen to Howie because they wouldn't get these jobs with any other team.

The fact that Pederson is coming from a dink and dunk offense with horrible WRs makes it seem even more like Lurie wants to go back to 2000-2003.

Comment

Working...
                              X