Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wish we held onto Chip for 1 more year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone wish we held onto Chip for 1 more year?

I don't, this season was unforgivable as was last year's collapse. But I'm sure there are some of you out there.

I just wish they had more of a plan, this process has been a disaster.

At this point, I think Shurmur and Bradford is the way to go to get the most out of what they have.

Duce and Pederson are intriguing.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I was fine with chip coaching one more year. They fired him with absolutely no contingency plan going forward. Who would want to work as a football coach under Howie?

Comment

I'm one of those who wish they did. Obviously what he did to the teams roster over the last few seasons is inexcusable, but I thought his firing was untimely. Especially considering the coaching candidates that are out there. The Eagles coaching search looks like a mess to me.

Giving him full control was the biggest mistake here, I feel like that often gets overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
          I don't, this season was unforgivable as was last year's collapse. But I'm sure there are some of you out there.

It looks like they have a specific list/type they're looking for. But their better options on that list had other opportunities and they won't talk to someone who doesn't meet their criteria. They don't seem to be interested in talking to a defensive coach, even if they might be better than option #4, #5 or #6 on the master list...Shurmur, Pederson, Duce vs Ginger, Austin. It's a crock of shit.

Howie is a fuck-up too.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
            I'm one of those who wish they did. Obviously what he did to the teams roster over the last few seasons is inexcusable, but I thought his firing was untimely. Especially considering the coaching candidates that are out there. The Eagles coaching search looks like a mess to me.

Giving him full control was the biggest mistake here, I feel like that often gets overlooked.
            It definitely seemed like an emotional firing, which really hasn't been Lurie's MO since he's been the owner.

Comment

Nope

Comment

It definitely seemed like an emotional firing, which really hasn't been Lurie's MO since he's been the owner.
                The real mistake was not getting rid of Howie throughout the process. Fuck that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  At this point, I think Shurmur and Bradford is the way to go to get the most out of what they have.

Duce and Pederson are intriguing.
                  I'm happy they didn't hire Tom, I'd prefer Shurmur at this point. But it definitely seemed like they were zeroing in on Tom today and he turned them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    The real mistake was not getting rid of Howie throughout the process. Fuck that guy.
                    Yup.

Comment

Wish it? No. Expect it? Yes. And hoping that he could save some face. But fuggit.

Comment

I do. I didn't think he'd get fired this year and I was surprised it happened.

He had one year of personnel control and made mistakes, but the dude isn't a doofus even if he's got the interpersonal skills of a steaming turd.

His biggest issue this season on offense was the number of moving parts and Bradford getting up to speed. I think he would've gone hard at fixing the OL and reworked the scheme a lot more around Bradford.

The defense was bad, but part of that was the offense a) not scoring points and b) not holding on to the ball. I think those problems fed on each other to make them look worse than they really were (aside from when they were down to like their 5th and 6th corners because of injury).

-AE

Comment

If he would have given up GM. No way you could trust him with that, giving away players and draft picks, drafting Ducks, giving dumb contracts.

Otherwise he could have done the Eagles a big favor with a 2-14 season as HC.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

This isn't the old Jeffrey Lurie. This is new age/midlife crisis/mail order bride Jeffy. Buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                              This isn't the old Jeffrey Lurie. This is new age/midlife crisis/mail order bride Jeffy. Buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride.
                              The Philadelphia Browns! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Working...
                              X