Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cam were an Eagle , would anyone here hate him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It still is, and you're being a dick.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      It still is, and you're being a dick.
      Haha, ok.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Of course

Originally posted by slag View Post
        What, you don't like being told you're an out of touch, racist, fuddy duddy coming down from a multitude of high horses, in response to an aversion for classless showboating?
        and the fact that Cam isn't an Eagle makes the "Gee whiz, he's just having fun!" comments all the more peculiar.

Right now there's nothing else to watch except the Senior Bowl and the last two teams in the Super Bowl, so all of the focus is on him, I get it.

I frequently told people "Yeah, TO is an ass, but he's OUR ass."

Again-back to my original point: I think (and have thought since he came in the league) that Cam Newton is just phony. Very nice player, just a phony person. And perfect for Mr. McMahon's league.

Comment

I have absolutely no beef with Cam

So what that he dances ? he also gives every football he scores with to a kid in the stands. That alone wipes out anything else he does. Seriously, who wouldn't want to be able to go to work and have as much fun as Cam does ?
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

What makes him phony

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            and the fact that Cam isn't an Eagle makes the "Gee whiz, he's just having fun!" comments all the more peculiar.

Right now there's nothing else to watch except the Senior Bowl and the last two teams in the Super Bowl, so all of the focus is on him, I get it.

I frequently told people "Yeah, TO is an ass, but he's OUR ass."

Again-back to my original point: I think (and have thought since he came in the league) that Cam Newton is just phony. Very nice player, just a phony person. And perfect for Mr. McMahon's league.
            His football skills, or his having fun while displaying those football skills ?
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Several things

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
              His football skills, or his having fun while displaying those football skills ?
              The "giving the football to a kid thing" reeks of some WWE fakeness. Like when some wrassler is walking through the aisles and the fans are pre-moved so the wrassler can get through, it's amazing how many 8-10 yr old kids in no. 1 jerseys have front row seats.

When Ted Ginn scores a TD and Cam is looking for the ball to take it from him, then the camera naturally follows Cam around.

His comments when he was drafted about wanting to be an "icon"

The Superman and Batman shit I posted earlier...

Some stuff he doesn't have as much control over...

I don't know, I am old and crotchety...flibbity floo!

Comment

Yeah

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                The "giving the football to a kid thing" reeks of some WWE fakeness. Like when some wrassler is walking through the aisles and the fans are pre-moved so the wrassler can get through, it's amazing how many 8-10 yr old kids in no. 1 jerseys have front row seats.

When Ted Ginn scores a TD and Cam is looking for the ball to take it from him, then the camera naturally follows Cam around.

His comments when he was drafted about wanting to be an "icon"

The Superman and Batman shit I posted earlier...

Some stuff he doesn't have as much control over...

I don't know, I am old and crotchety...flibbity floo!
                You definitely need to let the hate go. The guy is young, playing at an MVP level, and having fun doing it. Can't see too much wrong with that.
                Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 01-26-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

That's the funny part!

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                  You definitely need to let the hate go. The guy is young, playing at an MVP level, and having fun doing it. Can't see too much wrong with that.
                  I don't hate the guy, but he is getting crammed down our throats like Tom Terrific and the Forehead.

I'll leave you with this nugget today:

Disclaimer: I am considering the source and how the comment will bring attention to the guy's show (and NFLN), but Rich Eisen said today that if Cam were to win the Superbowl and never play again he probably makes the Hall of Fame.

I rest my "case"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    Regardless of his antics, watching him the last couple of weeks is like watching what everyone hoped would happen with 5, and almost did in 2004. The guy is just at the top of his game and knows it and it can end pretty quick too, so I have no problem with the goofy crap. I'd take it and be happy if he were leading us to a SB. And unless McMahon is in full gear, I doubt he will be stopped. FWIW anyway
                    He walks the walk. I don't have a problem with him.

Comment

I don't hate Cam now

His celebrations aren't mean spirited. He always goes out of his way to credit his team. I think it's fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X