I don't often hold a grudge, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't often hold a grudge, but

...I readily admit that I am rooting for Chip Kelly to crash and burn in epic style in San Francisco. That smug little prick left this team in total disarray, both on and off the field, and nothing more than this year's NFL punchline. His alleged strengths are smoke and mirrors. His weaknesses were devastating, and he refused to take responsibility for them...ever. His finger pointing and outright lies alienated a fan base that wanted to embrace him. He did nothing to earn himself a re-do. It will bring me joy to watch him shit somebody else's bed.

I totally agree with you. I hold no grudge against Reid at all and wish him the best and was happy Vermeil won a ring but that fucker better never win a god damn thing!

Comment

Meh. I'm worrying about my own team.

Howie got his power back, let's see what he does with it.

He's driven away some really good football people during his time here. Hopefully there are some decent scouts left and a knowledgeable voice or two left in the War Room when Howie starts his Helmethead Kiper thing.
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

There's a fuck-ton of pressure on Howie, to be sure

Fairly or not, it's all his responsibility (fault) now. Pederson better not be a bust. Every draft pick needs to be a hit. He's got to make the right call at quarterback. The beer at the Linc better be cold.
        Last edited by Prowler; 01-15-2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
          That smug little prick left this team in total disarray, both on and off the field, and nothing more than this year's NFL punchline. His alleged strengths are smoke and mirrors. His weaknesses were devastating, and he refused to take responsibility for them...ever.
          This sums up my feelings as well.

I think the Eagles-49ers rivalry immediately becomes pretty intense. I have to think Eagles players will get it up to play Kelly. They make nice for the cameras, but I'm sure there are those who will look at that game like McCoy looked at the Eagles-Bills game. Too bad we don't play them next year.

Comment

...I readily admit that I am rooting for Chip Kelly to crash and burn in epic style in San Francisco. That smug little prick left this team in total disarray, both on and off the field, and nothing more than this year's NFL punchline. His alleged strengths are smoke and mirrors. His weaknesses were devastating, and he refused to take responsibility for them...ever. His finger pointing and outright lies alienated a fan base that wanted to embrace him. He did nothing to earn himself a re-do. It will bring me joy to watch him shit somebody else's bed.
            Over/Under at 3 years?

I say he's in San Fran shorter than he was in Philly
            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I'm with you 100%. It's such a different situation than it was with Andy. I'm actually hoping he makes it (somehow) to the SB this year.

Comment

I'll disagree here

I dont like to grave-dance departing players or coaches. Did not like Andy but happy for his success except when he came back to Philly and beat us. I think Kelly is arrogant and I'm pissed he let all those good players go... but he has a chance to succeed in Frisco if he learns from his mistakes and puts all his energy into coaching.
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

The King is dead ... fuck the King.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Parcells' and Belichick's pictures are next to the word arrogant in the dictionary.

At least Kelly is a football person ... for all we know, he's who wanted out of this shit show and made that "I'm not the GM" comment in a calculated, intentional fashion.

The smear is that Kelly's the dickhead ... well, maybe the bigger dickhead is Howeenie and Kelly was sick of him whispering in Lurie's ear.

If he learns how to deal with NFL players, having a legit read-run QB may show us what could have been ... or he's truly stubborn HS Harry who won't change ... we shall see.

Meanwhile, the Eagles remain fucked because of their front office ... we laugh at Jerruh and Doogie ... it's just as bad here.

In fact, it's worse ... Doogie hired the personnel guy from the Seahawks and appears to have gotten the fuck out of the way.
                    Last edited by slag; 01-16-2016, 07:57 AM.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

yeah, i think the worst case scenario is that kelly demanded personnel control after last season because he was tired of howie, and that lurie's "mutual promotion" doomed this season. for a time i thought that kelly would eventually have NFL success just not with the eagles.

the better scenario, which i think is highly likely, is that kelly is going to work with an even worse GM in san francisco. baalke is the guy who forced out jim harbaugh, a GREAT coach, because of...his ego? kelly has all the ego of harbaugh while being an inferior coach.

Comment

If every mistake is an opportunity its for learning

...then all of them -- Chip, Howie and Jeff -- have huge opportunities before them. Each of them has committed royal fuck ups for which they are personally and solely responsible. Each of them has a chance to emerge from this dysfunctional ménage à trois wiser and better at what they do, but only if they acknowledge their individual deficiencies honestly rather than defend them arrogantly. There is plenty of blame and destructive arrogance to go around among them, but which can and will be honest with themselves and rise above in the next chapter?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
                          Over/Under at 3 years?

I say he's in San Fran shorter than he was in Philly
                          I think if Oregon has another disappointing year Chip could be back there in 2017.

Comment

Working...
                          X