Pederson Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pederson Question

Does he get hired or even get consideration if he wasn't under Reid?
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

No

No
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Learning from Reid might not be the worst thing in the world, as far as how you handle players and the fans here - things that Reid excelled at and Kelly failed at. Hopefully Reid's game day messes were not captured by osmosis.

I'm very skeptical about this hire, but he's the coach now. Players seem to really like him (I posted something Travis Kelce said and I saw something similar from Brandon Graham last night). We'll see how he is on Sundays. Either way, I'm more concerned about Howie than Pederson.
      Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-15-2016, 11:03 AM.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

good point

we wouldn't even be talking about Pederson if Howie hadn't re-ascended.
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

I guess the way I'm trying to look at it is this: We saw last year the importance of having a team on the same page with their coach (ironic given all of Kelly's culture stuff). Everything I'm reading indicates that Pederson will be good there. In retrospect, how much of Reid's success was/is because his players love him? He's not a great coach on Sundays, but he wins. So that gives me hope.

The question is, can Pederson coach and/or can he surround himself with coordinators who can coach? I don't think this team is a total rebuild. There are holes (some large ones) to be filled - and, again, unfortunately that now falls to Howie.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

McNabb and Dawkins have come out with great things to say about Dougie from the 1 season they played together--mostly with regards to how smart he is and how he was a coach on the field type of guy. They have also laced some skepticism into those comments---want to say Dawkins questioned if he can "be a leader of men".

Comment

I think that's why I'm in the wait and see camp. There are too many questions yet to be answered, and I want to see how it develops before I...

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                I guess the way I'm trying to look at it is this: We saw last year the importance of having a team on the same page with their coach (ironic given all of Kelly's culture stuff). Everything I'm reading indicates that Pederson will be good there. In retrospect, how much of Reid's success was/is because his players love him? He's not a great coach on Sundays, but he wins. So that gives me hope.

The question is, can Pederson coach and/or can he surround himself with coordinators who can coach? I don't think this team is a total rebuild. There are holes (some large ones) to be filled - and, again, unfortunately that now falls to Howie.

Culture is something you build together as a team, not a bunch of bullshit rules that 1 guy crams down everyone's throat. I think Pederson probably has better understanding of that than Chips "ego maniac" Kelly ever will.

Comment

Working...
                X