Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wish we held onto Chip for 1 more year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    This isn't the old Jeffrey Lurie. This is new age/midlife crisis/mail order bride Jeffy. Buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride.
    I want to get off Mr Luries wild ride

Comment

You can check out any time you like

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
      I want to get off Mr Luries wild ride
      But you can never leave.

I'm looking forward to the Howard Hughes, paranoid-germophobic stage of his ownership. The football might suck, but the entertainment value will be off the charts.

Comment

Yep...

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
        I don't, this season was unforgivable as was last year's collapse. But I'm sure there are some of you out there.

I just wish they had more of a plan, this process has been a disaster.
        For the Chip thing to have worked, he would have needed full support from ownership - much like Jimmy Johnson had from Jerruh during the early years there. If players want to quit or bitch, the owner should unequivically support the coach. Keeping Howie in the organization after his demotion completely undermined the process.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
          I'm one of those who wish they did. Obviously what he did to the teams roster over the last few seasons is inexcusable, but I thought his firing was untimely. Especially considering the coaching candidates that are out there. The Eagles coaching search looks like a mess to me.

Giving him full control was the biggest mistake here, I feel like that often gets overlooked.
          Siding with Howie and firing Gamble is where it all started to go bad.

Comment

I wish they kept him another season. I said that the second the season ended. He sucked this year but hes better than any of the bums they are looking at now.

Comment

I don't, this season was unforgivable as was last year's collapse. But I'm sure there are some of you out there.

No, I just wish the Eagles would interview people worth coaching this team. McDermott, Billick, Gruden, Hue (with Browns now), Lovie. Instead they focused on a old man who lost it, OC that have no experience.

Comment

The firing implies there were a lot of behind the scenes issues going on, but based on performance prior to that I thought one more year was warranted.

He was only one year into full control of the roster, there were a lot of new players, and it was Bradford's first year back from injury and he clearly improved as the season went on.

I thought Kelly should get another chance but that Davis had to go.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

It definitely seemed like an emotional firing, which really hasn't been Lurie's MO since he's been the owner.
                  I think Sielski had an article that talked about how "patient" Lurie really is. To paraphrase, he was only really patient with Reid because he had a franchise QB in McNabb.

Once McNabb was gone, Reid was gone in 3 years. Rhodes didn't have a franchise QB and he was gone in 3 years. Kelly was one in ~3 years.

So maybe he isn't inherently that patient but was afforded that luxury because Reid and McNabb succeeded quickly.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                    I think Sielski had an article that talked about how "patient" Lurie really is. To paraphrase, he was only really patient with Reid because he had a franchise QB in McNabb.

Once McNabb was gone, Reid was gone in 3 years. Rhodes didn't have a franchise QB and he was gone in 3 years. Kelly was one in ~3 years.

So maybe he isn't inherently that patient but was afforded that luxury because Reid and McNabb succeeded quickly.
                    Interesting. Just odd that he gave him full control and pulled the plug after one year.

Comment

So you'd rather Howeenie did it?
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Exactly. Reid won a playoff game in his 2nd year and then went to 4 straight NFC title games. After that he kept bouncing back from bad seasons with playoff seasons. Once Reid had 2 bad seasons in a row he was gone.

Comment

NOPE!
                          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Interesting. Just odd that he gave him full control and pulled the plug after one year.
                            I agree. Either Kelly and Lurie really had an issue or Roseman was playing puppet master.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                              I was fine with chip coaching one more year. They fired him with absolutely no contingency plan going forward. Who would want to work as a football coach under Howie?
                              Maybe if they would have taken the GM duties away from him. Who would he have run off this season? What Oregon Fuck would he have brought in to replace a good player who happened to rub Chips the wrong way? I'm glad he's gone.

Comment

Chip fuced himself

I had no problem with the guy because I didn't have to work with him,,,all he had to do was tweak his approach to dealing with overpaid primadonnas. He had gobs of offensive talent,,guy cut his nose off,,,well just cut it off! he really screwed this team up....If he was a good coach the T O's would have been down this year,,he couldn't even change that... sorry that it didn't work out,,we were all pretty happy after year 1 till he cut DJ.
                                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                                "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                                X