SO WITH THE TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO WITH THE TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY...

COMING UP IN NOVEMBER FOR IGGLEPHANS, I WAS WONDERING....

A- HOW MANY ORIGINALS ARE STILL HERE, STILL POST ON A REGULAR BASIS... HOW MANY FADDED AWAY LIKE A FART IN THE WIND.

B- HAVING A SHINDIG WEEKEND TO CELEBRATE TWENTY YEARS OF THIS MADNESS.

C- VOTING ON THE ALL TIME ALL STAR POSTER IN HISTORY OF BORED.

JUST A THOUGHT.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

I go back to the Rival.com board which was 1996-97. A small group of us followed IE to the board he set up, one before this one. There was a small group of these guys that go back to a Philly.com board or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      I go back to the Rival.com board which was 1996-97. A small group of us followed IE to the board he set up, one before this one. There was a small group of these guys that go back to a Philly.com board or something.
      I don't remember what came between Rivals and this one. I may have missed that altogether. I found this place after Rivals was gutted right before the '99 season started.

20 years... damn, that's insane.

Comment

For the 10 years I've been here kg would have to be the mvp

Comment

I'll give the history as best as I can recall.

The nucleus of the board originated at Philly.com in the mid 90s. It had a logo which was a microphone. Lyme disease dates back to this day. We used to post sh*t on the Lyme Disease board when they would moderate it off the Eagles board.
          The Philly.com board was moderated by some chica who went by the name of Miz Blitz. I believe IG actually met her sometime at what was then called the CoreStates center.

Two Gap, IG and Riccardo (who called himself Flett then) were among the posters back then. Also guys like BB, bigmike and Bill. I'm sure I am missing a lot of originals. Stand up and post if I am leaving you out.

Philly.com changed their board software format and it did not go over well. We decided to move to move to a different group (I think they called themselves nflfans) and that worked for a year or so.

But there were problems with the nflfans people. They wanted an extreme cuss filter and that did not go over well with our people.

Nflfans sold out to Rivals.com and we had the board under them for a year. Rivals went bankrupt and I don not think are not the same company they were then.

In the late 1990s BB, Raptoe, and me had the idea of "F*ck it (notice the asterisk) Let's start our own bored! Maniac played a significant role as well.

We did and the rest is history. The name IGGLEPHANS was chosen because it would not infringe on any copyrights and because it would represent the fans.

I like to say that IGGLEPHANS was social media before social media existed. Maybe we are better than the most popular social media platforms.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yeah, the original IGGLEPHANS software was something different. It was called dcscripts.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Lots of laughs on the Rivals board. It was cool in that all the other NFL teams had their own board as well. “Panty Raids” on the Foreskin board was the best! 48 and I would go over on the Foreskins board as “Tonto” and “Kemosabe” and act so pissed about the team. So funny. I think RSE participated in a few raids.

The other think I remember is that the Raiders had a good presence. It probably had to do with their fan base being tech savvy.
              Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-24-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

He goes back to the Rival board as well. He’s been gone for what like 2+ years now? I imagine he discovered Facebook with its girl talk stuff.
                Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-24-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                  For the 10 years I've been here kg would have to be the mvp
                  HE IS DEFINITELY RIGHT UP THERE. HE HASN'T BEEN AROUND FOR AWHILE AND STILL GETS HIS NAME METIONED TONS.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    Yeah, the original IGGLEPHANS software was something different. It was called dcscripts.
                    I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THE IGGLEPHANS STAR WARS CRAWLER, BUT UNABLE TO LOCATE IT.

Comment

As a second generation Igglephan, I needed to find a way to break in. I present WANGNUTWARS

Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Loved the old board

not as flashy but had some real personality. Back then I was a newbie to the PE board, had been hanging on a few others before I ran into IE CB, Patrock, BB and many others,,Id say that was 96/97 also,,I was EGTRENT, still have it as an Email!
                        Last edited by TRENT; 02-24-2019, 10:16 PM.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                          I'll give the history as best as I can recall.

The nucleus of the board originated at Philly.com in the mid 90s. It had a logo which was a microphone. Lyme disease dates back to this day. We used to post sh*t on the Lyme Disease board when they would moderate it off the Eagles board.
                          The Philly.com board was moderated by some chica who went by the name of Miz Blitz. I believe IG actually met her sometime at what was then called the CoreStates center.

Two Gap, IG and Riccardo (who called himself Flett then) were among the posters back then. Also guys like BB, bigmike and Bill. I'm sure I am missing a lot of originals. Stand up and post if I am leaving you out.

Philly.com changed their board software format and it did not go over well. We decided to move to move to a different group (I think they called themselves nflfans) and that worked for a year or so.

But there were problems with the nflfans people. They wanted an extreme cuss filter and that did not go over well with our people.

Nflfans sold out to Rivals.com and we had the board under them for a year. Rivals went bankrupt and I don not think are not the same company they were then.

In the late 1990s BB, Raptoe, and me had the idea of "F*ck it (notice the asterisk) Let's start our own bored! Maniac played a significant role as well.

We did and the rest is history. The name IGGLEPHANS was chosen because it would not infringe on any copyrights and because it would represent the fans.

I like to say that IGGLEPHANS was social media before social media existed. Maybe we are better than the most popular social media platforms.
                          I remember finding the philly.com board right after the Flyers choked the chicken vs the Red Wings in 97. 22 years!
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Lots of laughs on the Rivals board. It was cool in that all the other NFL teams had their own board as well. “Panty Raids” on the Foreskin board was the best! 48 and I would go over on the Foreskins board as “Tonto” and “Kemosabe” and act so pissed about the team. So funny. I think RSE participated in a few raids.

The other think I remember is that the Raiders had a good presence. It probably had to do with their fan base being tech savvy.
                            I thought the best raids were on the dallASS morning news "don't get me started" board where big kotex came from. Zoli's cut-and-paste posts of the unabomber manifesto to crash their board were classic!
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

WHO WAS IT THAT SAID....
                              GOLD BOND IS ALTOIDS FOR THE YAMBAG....

KG HITLER THE BEST ALL TIME, THAT STATEMENT RIGHT UP THERE IN TOP THREE.

Comment

Working...
                              X