• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Green Flower Fund

Iron Eagle wanted me to post this for all the board

https://www.gofundme.com/kelly-green-flower-fund
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

We want to send an arrangement of Green and White flowers in honor of KELLY GREEN. Any amount raised above the target will be donated to Abington Hospital in KG's memory.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

This is very nice. I will contribute for sure.

Comment

As we've hit double the goal, I have a suggestion for the overage. Any chance it could be donated to KG's local high school, maybe as a small memorial scholarship to an aspiring journalist? I remember receiving a $100 journalism award as a senior. It was a small gesture but I appreciated it.

I don't know if the idea is outpaced by the steps involved, but I wanted to throw it out there in case it could grow legs.
        Last edited by BigSlizz; 03-19-2019, 11:32 AM.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I like it

I support this idea.

Comment

This is my two cents, but KG’s obituary expressed that gratitude of the Keen family to the hospital, and I think that’s where KG would want it to go.

As a lawyer, a school board member, and a husband of a teacher who has dealt with this issue. I can tell you that donating money to a school without forming an specifically directed endowment fund is a bad idea, and the amount we are talking about here doesn’t rise to that level. The school has no place to put the money, and once it has the money it is fungible.

Comment

Understandable. That's the red tape I was wondering if it was worth walking through, and I agree. Does the Intelligencer have a youth section that could benefit?

If the hospital can benefit, that sounds great. I thought if there was a chance KG's love for the field could be passed to a younger generation, it was worth exploring.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

School district accountant here and I agree with this post even though Slizz's idea is an excellent one.

Comment

Well this is why we have counsel on retainer to Igglephans. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    Understandable. That's the red tape I was wondering if it was worth walking through, and I agree. Does the Intelligencer have a youth section that could benefit?

If the hospital can benefit, that sounds great. I thought if there was a chance KG's love for the field could be passed to a younger generation, it was worth exploring.
                    Agreed, seems like he was big into youth softball

Comment

My wife is having her students build a peace garden in memory of a student who was an innocent bystander in a park killed by crossfire between thugs. My firm wanted to make a money donation to help build the garden, but if they had given her a check, she would have had to send it to the central office — mind you, this is the Buffalo, NY Public School District we are talking about — and then spend six months having to voucher it back to spend it. So she told my firm what she needed, and we bought it.

Comment

Update to the flower fund.

We have raised $662 so far which I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. It truly shows how much Kelly Green meant to this board and we will sorely miss him.
                        After GoFundMe's take we have $634.37, $125 went to flowers so the rest $509.37 will go to Abington hospital as a fund from Bill Keen. If any more straggles in I will put it towards the fund so I will wait till after the funeral to setup the fund.
                        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Tremendous! Thanks for taking the lead on this, Cb.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who donated and special thanks to CB for coordinating this effort.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                            X