Sirius just said OBJ is a Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    But I think Saquon may pull a Bell to get out of New York in a few years. That team is a train wreck on offense.
    They could screw it up, but they're going to be in a position to turn it around long before Saquon's deal is up. They just have to hit on a QB.

Hopefully they strike out.

Comment

No way. Ridiculous to give up a generational talent like ODB. These teams that don't know how to handle stars (like we couldnt with TO) are woefully ill managed. If Im the owner, I dump Gettleman and Shurmer before I dump ODB.

Dumbest move ever
      WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Go watch his performance vs Gb in playoff game. That’s the real Odell. Lost his mind Vs Josh norman. That’s the Odell the giants got rid of.

They dumped a problem on the Browns & got a decent pick back, Peppers,
        And his contract off the books. After Eli leaves they’ll be in cap heaven. Estimated $100m in space to rebuild. He already is asking browns to rework his deal because Brown making more.

Their SB teams had receivers who were tough & team oriented. not dudes like Odell Beckham.
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-13-2019, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Baker Mayfield doesn't strike me as one who will tolerate OBJ's nonsense when he doesn't get the ball enough.

Comment

right

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
            No way. Ridiculous to give up a generational talent like ODB. These teams that don't know how to handle stars (like we couldnt with TO) are woefully ill managed. If Im the owner, I dump Gettleman and Shurmer before I dump ODB.

Dumbest move ever
            The giants got killed. If they really felt they were maxing Beckham's value, they never would have signed him to that big deal

Comment

This is one of the worst trades of all time.

Comment

exactly. Also Jabrill Peppers kinda sucks

Comment

Most Giants fans I know are apoplectic. They want Gettleman run out of town. I understand that OBJ is a headcase, but he was their best player. Within a week of getting rid of their leader on defense (granted they got Peppers). A year removed from drafting a RB at #2 in a very deep QB draft so that they can keep their aging QB around two years too long. Oh and Gettleman will draft his successor who will make or break the franchise for the next 5-7 years. Good luck!
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Think about it. Giants were hellbent on gettin rid of this 'generational talent'. That tells you they value chemistry over everything & he wasn't in their long term plans.

Beckham isn't exactly an iron man either. Won't play hurt is a knock my NYG friends throw his way. He missed 4 games last season with a contusion and missed ALL BUT 4 in 2017.

He's already making it known he wants his contract redone. It has 5 years left on it.

championship NFL teams don't have pain in the ass WR's they're constantly answering questions about.

Patriots have had exactly 1 elite WR during their dynasty and lost to a team devoid of egos. every other year they get there with brady throwing to a bunch of team first guys like Branch, Welker, Edelman, etc.

Throw in the fact the Giants are needing a couple of years to overhaul the team and it's a no brainer to get as much as you can for him. They'd win 4 games with him, 2 or 3 without him. So, cash out.
                    Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-13-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

They resigned him, only to trade him and take a 16mil cap hit. This is some of the worst GM work I've ever seen. This guy ravaged Carolina and now he's doing it to the VaGiants. Glad for it to happen, but the ODB smear is misguided at best. The dude is a stud.

You could have had Darnold and him leading your offense for the next 5 years. But you chose a washed up 38 year old QB and Saquan over him.

I don't buy into the whole headcase thing with teams. You build an honest culture and it allows people like that to flourish. You work with the player. If you can't harness that energy, then your organization needs to look itself in the mirror

Comment

Why didn't they trade him before the next contract? Could have flipped him last offseason without the massive cap hit.

Comment

Eagles are in better shape than ever! Giants suck, nobody wanna play for that team. So Giants, Redkins both don't have a QB. Cowboys is the only competent team around but wasted a first round pick going after Cooper when they could have had A. Brown for a 3rd and 5th. This division will be Eagles for years to come!

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                            Why didn't they trade him before the next contract? Could have flipped him last offseason without the massive cap hit.
                            They should have. But maybe they weren't getting an offer close to this one.

The dead money for 2019 isn't that big of a deal. They're tanking for Tua (or Fromm, or Herbert) anyway. They won't be needing it right away.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                              Also Jabrill Peppers kinda sucks
                              I didn't watch a lot of Browns games, but I've read that he was pretty good in 2018.

Comment

He is not an improvement over Landon Collins. In fact, he's just a smaller Landon Collins - a guy with the speed of a linebacker and size of a safety.

Comment

Working...
                                X