Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennett to the Pats apparently

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...o-new-england/
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

a 2020 5th for bennett and a 2020 7th. Hard to complain - I think it was crucial Howie didn't make the comp based on Bennett's performance.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
      a 2020 5th for bennett and a 2020 7th. Hard to complain - I think it was crucial Howie didn't make the comp based on Bennett's performance.
      Bennett + a 2020 7th for a 2020 5th is what's being reported.

Comment

check again

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        is that what I said?
        Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-08-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Howie making cap space and collecting draft picks

Comment

is that what I said?
            Yep. Read it wrong.

Comment

damn straight

Yep. Read it wrong.
              I had to reread yours twice to figure it out as well! Alls well that ends well, sorry bro - didn't mean to sound like a dick
              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-08-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Down with the cap space and upgrading draft picks but not down with giving a solid player to NE, Buffalo, Jets, Dolphins sure but not NE

Comment

I had to reread yours twice to figure it out as well! Alls well that ends well, sorry bro - didn't mean to sound like a dick
                  I saw it reported the other way on two other sites before I read your post, it got me a little cross-eyed. No worries, you didn't come across dickish.

Comment

Oh well. I don't mean to be a broken record but I think the plan was Bennett for 2018 and 2019, with Graham walking after 2018. When they managed to keep Graham around, they decided to get rid of Bennett's salary. Especially with Long not retiring and Barnett coming back they think they have enough depth there.

I thought Bennett was great last year so I'm curious to see what the end game is here. Have to imagine that Peters is also going to restructure.

Comment

Bennett was a beast last year and they should have figured something out. And they sent a pick with him to boot. Salt in the wound is that it was to the northern cheaters.
                      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Banner Jr. is going for the off season trophy again. Not enamored with anything he’s done thus far. Safe extensions for mediocre and below OLs, feel-good signing of a declining Graham (fan favorite), another PS contract for that shit Pumphrey...and he still has FA and a draft to fuck up. Never been a fan and likely never will be. Sorry if I offend any Roseman fluffers.
                        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Um, how is possible to specifically not be a fan of Howie? Since becoming the GM again he's been money. Expecting to be "enamored" with the offseason before free agency and the draft is setting a pretty high bar. I don't know if he's a hall of fame GM, but I know that extending a DL who is as good as ever and giving a meaningless PS contract is far from fucking up the offseason.

Comment

I think the likelihood that they are going to go heavy at dl in the draft also factored in the decision. There were trembling that Bennett wasnt happy rotating...

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
                              Banner Jr. is going for the off season trophy again. Not enamored with anything he’s done thus far. Safe extensions for mediocre and below OLs, feel-good signing of a declining Graham (fan favorite), another PS contract for that shit Pumphrey...and he still has FA and a draft to fuck up. Never been a fan and likely never will be. Sorry if I offend any Roseman fluffers.
                              You and Corkey have something in common.

Comment

Working...
                              X