Bryce Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1960 View Post
    Very seldom does the stars align like the do it’s Trout and the Phils.
    Again, you are making the assumption that Trout wants to play for the Phillies because he grew up rooting for them.

As an outsider, I understand that perspective. However, it appears that after spending any amount of time in The Show, players no longer prioritize playing for their hometown teams.

I will be pleasantly surprised if Trout ever plays for the Phillies.

Comment

• are we reading the same things

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
      However, it appears that after spending any amount of time in The Show, players no longer prioritize playing for their hometown teams.
      certainly some (in the know) people out there believe that Harper has a desire to play closer to home. Machado picked SD at least in part because of his preference in climate (and lifestyle).

Philly had an edge for Trout and all other things being equal, I do think the Phillies would win that battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        certainly some (in the know) people out there believe that Harper has a desire to play closer to home. Machado picked SD at least in part because of his preference in climate (and lifestyle).

Philly had an edge for Trout and all other things being equal, I do think the Phillies would win that battle.
        Has Trout ever publicly stated a desire to play for the Phillies?

Has he ever indicated he is unhappy playing in sunny SoCal?

Comment

• uhhhh

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
          Has Trout ever publicly stated a desire to play for the Phillies?
          https://twitter.com/JackFritzWIP/sta...69368769265664

take that how you will

Comment

• I think we can go ahead and padlock the door on this thread. Every one of us knows how this ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              I think we can go ahead and padlock the door on this thread. Every one of us knows how this ends.

Yep, this is a lot of drama to lock yourself not a bad contract and a pain in the ass agent. Boras will start planning his exit the day he signs. Interesting that none of these guys have won anything. It’s like the NBA, the individual brand is what is important.
              Last edited by 1960; 02-26-2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• No! This thread must go on!

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                I think we can go ahead and padlock the door on this thread. Every one of us knows how this ends.
                I’m trying to overtake the IG thread ! Fuck Harper!
                Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
                  I’m trying to overtake the IG thread ! Fuck Harper!
                  Maybe IE will make an exception and allow you to edit the title to something more appropriate. Do it before the asshole even announces. It's already a foregone conclusion anyway.

I'm actually looking forward to hating the Dodgers this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    Agreed. I'd be shocked at this point if he comes here. Like others have said, the last 4 first round picks of Randolph, Moniak, Hasely and Bohm put us in this bind. There might be hope for Haseley and Bohm, but given our recent track record I'm not counting on it.

I guess just throw a ton of money at Kimbrel (no interest in Kuechel), and hope Kingery and Williams progress. Maybe they'll be good enough to compete for the WC.

Comment

• Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                      Agreed. I'd be shocked at this point if he comes here. Like others have said, the last 4 first round picks of Randolph, Moniak, Hasely and Bohm put us in this bind. There might be hope for Haseley and Bohm, but given our recent track record I'm not counting on it.

I guess just throw a ton of money at Kimbrel (no interest in Kuechel), and hope Kingery and Williams progress. Maybe they'll be good enough to compete for the WC.
                      Eh, Boras clients ALWAYS take the highest offer. Scott calls the shots in these relationships.

Unless the Dodgers offer him a 10 year deal at 326M+ he will ultimately sign with the Phillies.

Comment

• HIS OLD LADY IS PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT WANTING TO LIVE ON THE LEFT COAST.

SCREW THIS GUY. IF HE WANTED TO BE HERE HE WOULDA SIGNED LONG AGO.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

• I think we may be misinterpreted the situation.

If the Phillies had given in to Boras and spent ridiculous money (let's say 10/400) then Harper would have signed long ago.

The reason that Harper hasn't signed is that NO team has given in to Boras's demands.

Phillies FO is playing hardball.
                          Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-27-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Scott Boras's clients have always take the best (highest) deal. He will squeeze out every drop.

Edited to note: If Harper takes a lesser deal in LA, the Phillies will leak out there deal to let it be known they tried. The only reason they wouldn't do this is to preserve a relationship with boras, but if you're already cutting the biggest check, what leverage could he hope to maintain? He'll take a big PR hit.
                            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 02-27-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                              Scott Boras's clients have always take the best (highest) deal
                              But JD Drew got leas in St Louis than the Phillies offered. And he lost a year of service holding out.

That wasnt about money it was about his client not wanting to play in Philly.

Forget the past and youre condemned to repeat it.
                              Last edited by J_Cuz31; 02-27-2019, 12:47 PM.
                              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

• Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                                I think we may be misinterpreted the situation.

If the Phillies had given in to Boras and spent ridiculous money (let's say 10/400) then Harper would have signed long ago.

The reason that Harper hasn't signed is that NO team has given in to Boras's demands.

Phillies FO is playing hardball.
                                You are getting nervous...as your prediction is fading

Comment

Working...
                                X