Eagles not picking up Jernigan's option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles not picking up Jernigan's option

Am I missing something here? After Cox, they have a bunch of borderline roster guys. They would need to draft a DT even with Jernigan on the roster.

I heard they are renegotiating with him, correct?

Comment

NHOH

Comment

he's really expensive for a run stuffing DT and hasn't been healthy since they got him. Plus that vague injury issue was weird.

Ultimately, he's due a roster bonus based on that option soon and he either needed to renegotiate or get cut. They may ultimately resign him, but absent a new deal, he wasn't gonna stay.

They may also be clearing room for a Foles move - which i don't really think is worth the effort, but maybe Howie does?
        Last edited by JuTMSY4; 02-26-2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          he's really expensive for a run stuffing DT and hasn't been healthy since they got him. Plus that vague injury issue was weird.

Ultimately, he's due a roster bonus based on that option soon and he either needed to renegotiate or get cut. They may ultimately resign him, but absent a new deal, he wasn't gonna stay.

They may also be clearing room for a Foles move - which i don't really think is worth the effort, but maybe Howie does?
          Unless the eagles are going to somehow get a player like Jernigan back in any deal. Foles for defensive line help (maybe with a year or two left on a deal) and maybe a pick?
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Unless he can lower his cap # I'd rather cut him than keep him for his current salary.

this draft is stupid stacked on DL.

Comment

what's a player like Jernigan worth in 2019, exactly? he barely played last year b/c of injury. 2 tackles?

You can find guys who can't get on the field on the free agent market for league minimum.

Adios, Timmy
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-26-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                this draft is stupid stacked on DL.
                Good. They need to draft for quantity on the DL and quality at RB.

Comment

Working...
                X