• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, raptoe made the shirts. bears gayte was 2002

Comment

I'm an original or real close to it.

Comment

I think that's the one in my Avatar Photo.

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
        Was that a Bears game? Was the picnic in the back row, over toward I-95? I think I was there for that one.

Comment

Bears gayte was 10/22/2000.

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
          Actually, raptoe made the shirts. bears gayte was 2002

Comment

Whatever happened to Displaced Aggression? Hopefully nothing bad but he was an annoying fuck.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
              If the first Iggles gayte was where I unveiled the catapult, it would have been in 2000.
              I found this group on the Philly.com board - I mostly remember BirdBrawn, and perhaps a few others. Followed to NFLFans and the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                Yeah and the fall of '98 was the first board gayte and igglephans were unleashed to the world
                Igglephans.com started in 2000. You can see this by going to the wayback machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20001101...igglephans.com

I think the "core group" was on Rivals.com in 1999, Nflfans.com in 1998 and Philly.com prior to that.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                  I think the Phillies gayte in 1999 was the first gayte and was also the only Phillies gayte attended by a Wangnut, and one of the highest order at that.
                  Toilet paper. Stuck to shoe.
                  --------

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    Whatever happened to Displaced Aggression? Hopefully nothing bad but he was an annoying fuck.
                    I don't know what happened to him but I have the sense he may have had health problems.

There are a number of posters from back in the day I wonder about. You would think people who had quit the board would have posted some greeting after the Eagles finally won the SB.

But you never know. For example I wondered what happened to lifer but he posted something after the playoff win against the Bears last season.

https://igglephans.com/iggboard/showthread.php?t=319145
                    --------

Comment

Yep. Found my shirt. You got this one.

Comment

I read this board alot, but I don't post much at all. Was interested as soon as I ran into it
                        in the late 90's I think, being an Eagles fan. Thank you IE! et al.
                        I know I missed the last 2 years of being at an Eagles game in Phila.
                        I do recall, some years back, when Officer Johnson took Overbrook's beer at the tailgate.What year was that?

Comment

The Phillies gaytes were great fun. Mick Jagger and Dikembe Mutumbo selling peanuts. The blowjob in the 700 level. Getting congratulated by random Phillies fans after the Orioles beat the Phillies in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                            I'll give the history as best as I can recall.

The nucleus of the board originated at Philly.com in the mid 90s. It had a logo which was a microphone. Lyme disease dates back to this day. We used to post sh*t on the Lyme Disease board when they would moderate it off the Eagles board.
                            The Philly.com board was moderated by some chica who went by the name of Miz Blitz. I believe IG actually met her sometime at what was then called the CoreStates center.

Two Gap, IG and Riccardo (who called himself Flett then) were among the posters back then. Also guys like BB, bigmike and Bill. I'm sure I am missing a lot of originals. Stand up and post if I am leaving you out.

Philly.com changed their board software format and it did not go over well. We decided to move to move to a different group (I think they called themselves nflfans) and that worked for a year or so.

But there were problems with the nflfans people. They wanted an extreme cuss filter and that did not go over well with our people.

Nflfans sold out to Rivals.com and we had the board under them for a year. Rivals went bankrupt and I don not think are not the same company they were then.

In the late 1990s BB, Raptoe, and me had the idea of "F*ck it (notice the asterisk) Let's start our own bored! Maniac played a significant role as well.

We did and the rest is history. The name IGGLEPHANS was chosen because it would not infringe on any copyrights and because it would represent the fans.

I like to say that IGGLEPHANS was social media before social media existed. Maybe we are better than the most popular social media platforms.
                            SINCE I JUST GOT MY TEN YEAR BUTTON, I LIKE READING WHERE/HOW THE BORED STARTED AND WHO WERE THE O.G'S THAT HAD THE THOUGHT TO START THIS MASTERPIECE.

THANKS I.E. FOR MAINTAINING THIS JOINT FOR SO LONG. AND THANKS TO THE "OLD GUYS" FOR MAKING IT THE PLACE TO GO, MAKING IT WHAT IT IS, MAKING IT THE FIRST PLACE TO HIT UP EVERY TIME I GO ONLINE.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

When people signed up on this board at the beginning

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                              Toilet paper. Stuck to shoe.
                              They got a join date of Nov. 1999. This date wasn’t a part of the first board prior to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                                They got a join date of Nov. 1999. This date wasn’t a part of the first board prior to this.
                                I think what happened is we moved people from the original software over to this software and when that happened if you had an account on the old software you got a join date of 1999. Not sure exactly when that was but was well after 2001. I could probably figure it out if I searched my email archive.
                                --------

Comment

Working...
                                X