No announcement yet.

SO WITH THE TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not an original...but I think I joined shortly after Igglephans was born in its current guise. Bill was the guy I blame (I mean credit) with pointing me in this direction.

I was on the Eagles official board as well as the old MouthOff board (who went to KFFL, and now on SportsHoopla). I think there was some history between some of the MouthOff people and the Igglephans folks, because I could always sense some tension between them. It was always tricky to decide who I wanted to hang with during my training camp visits...but the Igglephans crew always treated me well, so that's pretty much where I ended up. In the meantime, some of the official Eagles board people spun off and started Concrete Field. That group has gotten smaller over time, and I rarely visit there...but I still have a few friends who post there.

Comment

I first found the Philly.com board in 1997 around the time Hoying became the starter.

There were some nasty posters back then who were purged even before this board reached its apex on April 17-18, 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
        I thought the best raids were on the dallASS morning news "don't get me started" board where big kotex came from. Zoli's cut-and-paste posts of the unabomber manifesto to crash their board were classic!
        Big Kotex threatened to report me to my employer because I was harassing him...LOL
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I joined the Philly news group in April of 1998

I think we moved to NFL fans in the fall of 1998. That would put the rivals board at late 1999 or early 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
            I think we moved to NFL fans in the fall of 1998. That would put the rivals board at late 1999 or early 2000.
            I think IGGLEPHANS started in offseason 2000. I know for sure we were here in 2001, given the events of that year.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yeah and the fall of '98 was the first board gayte and igglephans were unleashed to the world
              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

The original Phillies gayte was in 1999

If the first Iggles gayte was where I unveiled the catapult, it would have been in 2000.

Comment

IDK the exact date but I started posting on the board before Igglephans around or just before the Detmer/Peete QB years, which I think was '96.

IG and I had a "feud" about who should be starting (he wanted Peete) and at the first board gayte I attended he gave me a Detmer jersey. Class act that IG.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

All I know sometime between 93-96 I was on some message Board. Some old posters were on it. One day I guess i wasn't following along, I was like where is everyone??? I think it was Old Guy- He said they moved to another site, here is the link. Then I just kept going from that board to Igglephans. Then it was OB who said come on Zoobz (well not then, more like EFIMD) go to the phillies Gayte. (some of you have heard the story of meeting OB). I met Bill, IE,IG,BB, OB, Pat, RSE, etc. Following Football season I went to the gayte, and maybe trianing camp at lehigh.

Comment

I wonder if Zero is "One" Now!

Last edited by TRENT; 02-26-2019, 11:22 AM.
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
                        If the first Iggles gayte was where I unveiled the catapult, it would have been in 2000.
                        Was that a Bears game? Was the picnic in the back row, over toward I-95? I think I was there for that one.

Comment

No that was 2000 when BB made the shirts. Cant remember the first gayte game, could be the seahawks obliteration
                          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I think the Phillies gayte in 1999 was the first gayte and was also the only Phillies gayte attended by a Wangnut, and one of the highest order at that.

Comment

I think Zoli and I were the first to meet. We met after or before work at Colonial park in Franklin, NJ. I remember we both kept our distance at first, thinking the other might be am axe murderer with a 30 gal drum in their trunk to stuff our body!
                              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

The lyme disease board was where it was at.

Comment

Working...
                                X