Please Dodgers sign Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Dodgers sign Harper

Despite Boras, it’s still the players decision, he’s probably been waiting all along for LA to make an offer. Just make it stop he doesn’t want to be here or else this’d be over.

It's Middleton's fault with the stupid stupid money comment and not setting a firm deadline. The Dodgers are trying what the Yankees did with Machado. See if he would go there cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
      Despite Boras, it’s still the players decision, he’s probably been waiting all along for LA to make an offer. Just make it stop he doesn’t want to be here or else this’d be over.
      This is what Harper has wanted all along, Dodgers were his 1st choice and they did not get into the race until now. They traded Puig and Kemp and everyone thought Harper then nothing, NOW they waited until they saw the numbers and the whole organization went out to Vegas, sorry Phillies he will be a Dodger.

Comment

Wait for Mike Trout

I sincerely hope Harper signs with the Dodgers because it should be obvious to everyone by now that he doesn't want to be in Philly. Throwing over $300 million for a player who wants to be somewhere else is plain stupid. It would make far more sense to wait a year and go after Mike Trout. I'm pretty sure he would jump at the chance to play here.

Comment

Originally posted by desertcogo View Post
          I sincerely hope Harper signs with the Dodgers because it should be obvious to everyone by now that he doesn't want to be in Philly. Throwing over $300 million for a player who wants to be somewhere else is plain stupid. It would make far more sense to wait a year and go after Mike Trout. I'm pretty sure he would jump at the chance to play here.
          YES !!

Comment

Originally posted by desertcogo View Post
            While I agree w you RE: Harper, there’s certainly no guarantee Trout will a FA...I’m thinking it’s less than 50/50...extension will come beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              While I agree w you RE: Harper, there’s certainly no guarantee Trout will a FA...I’m thinking it’s less than 50/50...extension will come beforehand.
              Agreed. The widespread expectation that Trout will be playing in Philly in 2021 is setting the entire city for a massive kick in the nuts.

Comment

I would spend money on a pitcher. A marriage that starts with cold feet never ends well and Boras has overplayed his hand to the point where the fans will turn on Harper quickly.
                Last edited by 1960; 02-25-2019, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                  Why would Trout sign an extension with a team he does not want to play for and has no future, Philly is where he wants to be and they will give him whatever he wants, he will be a god here. They will sell out for years with Trout here.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                    Why would Trout sign an extension with a team he does not want to play for and has no future, Philly is where he wants to be and they will give him whatever he wants, he will be a god here. They will sell out for years with Trout here.
                    I believe you are simply mistaken. Just because he is big Birds fan does not mean he wants to be a god here. He goes out of his way not to draw attention to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                      Source?

Comment

Working...
                      X