No announcement yet.

Bryce Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As impressive as this post full of platitudes is, it's besides the point.

I'll do you the favor of not pointing out your logical errors. Stop derailing threads.

Comment

I know! I was just setting up an epic geighback for 2026
      Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Not there are "reports" that he is giving SD a chance to match 10 years 330? GTFO. Let him go. The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. Au revoir!
        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
          Not there are "reports" that he is giving SD a chance to match 10 years 330? GTFO. Let him go. The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. Au revoir!
          Lol...those "reports" are fake as fuck.

The Phillies are the overwhelming favorites to sign Harper, especially now that the Nats are out of the running. They were the Phillies's only real competition.

Comment

HEY HARPER, GO FUCK YOURSELF.
            WHO IS THIS GUY. THE SECOND COMING OF BABE FUCKING RUTH? FUCK HIM.

I'D SET THINGS UP FOR TROUT TO GET IN HERE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
              HEY HARPER, GO FUCK YOURSELF.
              WHO IS THIS GUY. THE SECOND COMING OF BABE FUCKING RUTH? FUCK HIM.

I'D SET THINGS UP FOR TROUT TO GET IN HERE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
              Trout doesn't like playing under a spotlight. I doubt he plays for the Phillies in his prime. Maybe he will finish out his career here like Chase did in LA.

Comment

How tf is playing in LA less spotlight than playing in Philadelphia
                Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
                  How tf is playing in LA less spotlight than playing in Philadelphia
                  He plays in Anaheim...for Angels. No one gaf about them. LA is a Dodgers town.

Furthermore, he knows if he comes here he will instantly attain godlike status and that the fanbase's expectation will be that he goes down as the greatest Phillie of all-time.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
                    Machado gave the Phillies a chance to match too. That’s normal.

Harper isn’t running around telling fringe Twitter accounts how much he hates the team offering a record breaking contract. Not happening. It’s all smoke.

Comment

Nobody gives af about the Angels, yet they had the 6th highest attendance in the MLB last year...makes sense.
                      Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
                        Nobody gives af about the Angels, yet they had the 6th highest attendance in the MLB last year...makes sense.
                        Their fans are like Deadheads...it's the same 30,000 showing up every game.

I am talking about the national spotlight. How many Angels games does anyone outside of SoCal watch each year?

I doubt anyone who doesn't follow baseball would recognize his name, let alone be able to identify him if he walked right past them in street clothes.

Anywho, this belief that Trout is basically a sure thing to join the Phillies because he is a big Birds fan is very naive. Superstars very rarely end up signing with the hometown team they grew up rooting.

He might be here in 2021, but I doubt it.
                        Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-21-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Like Deadheads?? Wtf does that mean, that the majority of their fans are season ticket holders? That's how most teams fill the majority of their seats.

Most people wouldn't recognize practically any baseball player in street clothes. Not saying he's a lock to be a Phillie, but just because the MLB does a terrible job of marketing its players, doesn't mean that Trout is incapable of playing in the spotlight.
                          Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Middleton is apparently in Vegas

https://94wip.radio.com/bryce-harper-phillies-rumors

$400 mil is absolutely asinine. Who are they bidding against???

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                              Middleton is apparently in Vegas

https://94wip.radio.com/bryce-harper-phillies-rumors

$400 mil is absolutely asinine. Who are they bidding against???
                              Who cares. It’s not your money. They will make it up in merchandise alone.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                                Who cares. It’s not your money. They will make it up in merchandise alone.
                                You are correct, but you didn’t answer my question.

Who are they bidding against?

Comment

Working...
                                X