Middleton Laid Down The Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
    Oh, I don't think they'll win the division, but with the advent of the 2nd WC they could conceivably finish in 3rd and still make the playoffs.

I look at it like this...they won 80 games last year. They upgraded at C, 1B, OF, and RP. I think they should win least at 85 games. Furthermore, I believe they could realistically win 88-92 games as currently constructed if they stay healthy and a few positive developments occur (Arrieta returns to 1st half, pre-injury form, Williams and/or Franco has at least a mini-breakout, etc.)

It seems that plenty of posters still think the Phillies are on track for another sub-.500 season and I don't understand their logic. Seems like irrational pessimism and ignorance of the value of the guys they already have added.

I mean, this is a board for Eagle diehards, some of whom refer to baseball as "basebore." Do they really know anything about JT Realmuto, Jean Segura, and Daniel Robertson?

I'm doubtful.
    you know a lot more about baseball than I do so please tell me more about daniel robertson. is he any relation to the phillies new reliever dave robertson?
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Lol...self'd

Comment

Haha - i joked with a few buds which WIP name would be accepted first:

1) David Roberson
        2) David Robeson
        3) Robert Davidson
        4) David Davidson

Did not have any daniels on the list. Pretty good!
        Last edited by JuTMSY4; 02-26-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X