Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was going through your head during the SB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was going through your head during the SB?

Probably a tough question to ask. I rewatched the game and the highlights almost a hundred times now. Its hard to regrapse the actual moment.

I wasn’t negative, as I usually am, but I specifically remember thinking the Clement TD wasn’t gonna go our way. Once it did, I knew we were gonna win.

I thought both initially were coming back, Clements for sure. I just couldn't relax the entire game. Watched the second half by myself.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

about 3 OZ's of Blueberry Kush

so up and down,,like a lot of us after that catch by Gronk I thought the wheels were coming off..No pressure and a defensive Co who would not blitz...Foles to Ertz was the game on 4th down,,,when Ertz caught it at the 6 or so I knew that was a TD! Until that clock hit zeros I was not celebrating anything!

then well champagne and cheers and its a fuggin Blur,,,
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

An emotional roller coaster!

I screamed at the top of my lungs, “THAT’S HOW YOU DO IT TOM BRADY!” right after the Philly Special. I’m sure many of our neighbors heard it. At that point I was physically and emotionally exhausted. I wondered how I would make it through the rest of the game.

Once I caught my second wind, I was cautiously optimistic throughout the 2nd half.
        Going into the second half, I thought, “We’re only up by 10, that’s not enough to keep up with them.”

When Ertz caught the TD pass, I remembered how this team leaves it all out on the field like they did against KC, and thought that we might be able to win this time.

I was terrified that if they scored on the last play they would have got the 2 point conversion and won in overtime, that’s how it always seems to work with our Eagles.

I was on my feet. As soon as I saw the ball hit the ground, I looked for the yellow penalty bar in the stats, I saw none and I thought, “Dodged that bullet, just one more play to go!” I saw the clock was at 00:00 and heard the ref call the game completed and said to my wife in a surprised voice, “We won, I can’t believe it, we won.”
        Last edited by jimbo; 03-18-2018, 08:36 PM.
        Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo View Post
          I screamed at the top of my lungs, “THAT’S HOW YOU DO IT TOM BRADY!” right after the Philly Special. I’m sure many of our neighbors heard it. At that point I was physically and emotionally exhausted. I wondered how I would make it through the rest of the game.

Once I caught my second wind, I was cautiously optimistic throughout the 2nd half.
          Going into the second half, I thought, “We’re only up by 10, that’s not enough to keep up with them.”

When Ertz caught the TD pass, I remembered how this team leaves it all out on the field like they did against KC, and thought that we might be able to win this time.

I was terrified that if they scored on the last play they would have got the 2 point conversion and won in overtime, that’s how it always seems to work with our Eagles.

I was on my feet. As soon as I saw the ball hit the ground, I looked for the yellow penalty bar in the stats, I saw none and I thought, “Dodged that bullet, just one more play to go!” I saw the clock was at 00:00 and heard the ref call the game completed and said to my wife in a surprised voice, “We one, I can’t believe it, we won.”

Awesome!

Comment

What’s Blueberry Kush?

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
            so up and down,,like a lot of us after that catch by Gronk I thought the wheels were coming off..No pressure and a defensive Co who would not blitz...Foles to Ertz was the game on 4th down,,,when Ertz caught it at the 6 or so I knew that was a TD! Until that clock hit zeros I was not celebrating anything!

then well champagne and cheers and its a fuggin Blur,,,
            Can I get some?

I didn’t drink much during the game. Drank a ton afterwards!

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

the gate is coming up!

put the GF on the bus 1st!
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

I was nervous AF.

Kept pacing back and forth in my friends apartment. His wife joked that they would need a new rug after the game.

Fuck that... the Eagles are SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

It was just pure adrenaline

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                      put the GF on the bus 1st!
                      You got it

Comment

Since I Was At the Game

The moment was Graham’s strip sack. After the failed 2 point conversion a handful of Pats fans in front of us said to us “now watch the master at work and get ready to get your hearts ripped out”. It was so fucking smug but I was nervous. When the Eagles got the ball I screamed at them “yeah watch the master bater get his heart ripped out!!!” That’s when I knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                          The moment was Graham’s strip sack. After the failed 2 point conversion a handful of Pats fans in front of us said to us “now watch the master at work and get ready to get your hearts ripped out”. It was so fucking smug but I was nervous. When the Eagles got the ball I screamed at them “yeah watch the master bater get his heart ripped out!!!” That’s when I knew.
                          F those type of douchebags. I was at the SB in Jax and those Dbags were giving me shit even though I wasn't doing anything to taunt them the entire game.

I'm ok with cheering your team on but I'm not cool with taunting Eagles' fans. Which is why I hate cockaroaches.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

For me, after about four vodka cocktails, the moment came when Elliot kicked the field goal and we went up 41 to 33. I went downstairs to my wife and with tears in my eyes and in a breathless little boy voice I said, "It's Eagles 41 Patriots 33. I think...maybe... they could win."

Chumps no more....
                            Super Bowl Champs FOREVER!
                            EAGLES!

Comment

More than anything, my old man and my sister. Probably why I was crying so hard.

From the strip sack on, there was no fear left. I knew we'd won it right there. It was wall to wall joy from that moment forward.

I'll remember everything about that night, in perfect detail, for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X