IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 02-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #1
Anthony

Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't Trade Foles

Need him to back up Wentz next season. Say he misses the first 4 games and for sake of argument they are against Minnesota, @Dallas, Atlanta and @Rams? Schedule could be front loaded for all they know.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 11:53 AM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post "Can't Trade Foles"
Maniac

Maniac is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure they can. But not for less than a first rounder.

Next man up is Sudfeld!! No worries, Dougie will coach him up.
Unread 02-13-2018, 11:53 AM  
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Need him to back up Wentz next season. Say he misses the first 4 games and for sake of argument they are against Minnesota, @Dallas, Atlanta and @Rams? Schedule could be front loaded for all they know.
The schedule will be released a week before the draft, so they'll know what they are up against. Also, Wentz's timeline will be clearer by then. For all we know he may be ready for training camp.
06hawkalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 11:54 AM  
Posted in reply to Maniac's post starting "Sure they can. But not for less than..."
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Sure they can. But not for less than a first rounder.

Next man up is Sudfeld!! No worries, Dougie will coach him up.
If they trade Foles they will most certainly bring in a better back-up option. Tyrod Taylor perhaps?
Unread 02-13-2018, 11:58 AM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "If they trade Foles they will most..."
brotherharv

tough call, but in Howie We Trust damn this will be interesting
brotherharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:03 PM  
Posted in reply to Maniac's post starting "Sure they can. But not for less than..."
Ellsworth

agree with this.

But, I doubt anyone will pony that up when SF paid a 2 for Jimmy G.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:23 PM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "agree with this. But, I doubt anyone..."
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
agree with this.

But, I doubt anyone will pony that up when SF paid a 2 for Jimmy G.
Last I checked Jimmy G was entirely unproven and not the reigning Super Bowl MVp at the time of that trade.
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:41 PM  
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

if they get a great offer, they have to trade him. but unless a team like the browns offers a high 2nd, i'd say just bring him back. they can move him at the deadline if wentz is good to go, or they can just franchise and trade him after the season.

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:42 PM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "Last I checked Jimmy G was entirely..."
Ellsworth

but younger. also, teams will claim foles did it in eagles' system but may not be able to replicate that elsewhere based on his tenure away from philly.

I'd rather keep him unless it's a mid round 1. He's the best insurance policy in the league. you cannot have enough talent at QB.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:43 PM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "agree with this. But, I doubt anyone..."
TRENT

TRENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Foles will be starting on Thurs night

Wentz is the Franchise and you don't push him out there before he's ready...BDN loves his role here and I'm sure his 7 mill isn't a bad payday considering how many endorsements he will get,,,Look out for the Chunky Commercials!

Next year he will still be a commodity. I just dont give a rats ass what we get for him. Give him a 3 year deal...Keep him.
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:45 PM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "Last I checked Jimmy G was entirely..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

yeah, jimmy g was a second round pick who looked great in 2016. nick foles is 3 years older with a lower ceiling, and may have shown enough for a lot of teams not to think he's a franchise QB. it wasn't that long ago that the browns spent a first on brandon weeden, so i'm not ruling anything out, but you really need to get your bias out of the way when talking about this.

-Dominic Rhodes
Unread 02-13-2018, 01:10 PM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "yeah, jimmy g was a second round pick..."
Pete

Default Two words

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
yeah, jimmy g was a second round pick who looked great in 2016. nick foles is 3 years older with a lower ceiling, and may have shown enough for a lot of teams not to think he's a franchise QB. it wasn't that long ago that the browns spent a first on brandon weeden, so i'm not ruling anything out, but you really need to get your bias out of the way when talking about this.
Sam Fucking Bradford
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 01:10 PM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "yeah, jimmy g was a second round pick..."
AthensEagle

I think i misunderstand what you mean, otherwise you just said the super bowl mvp has a lower ceiling than jimmy garappolo. Celebratory euphoria on my part aside, that's not a good metaphor.
AthensEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 01:19 PM  
Posted in reply to AthensEagle's post starting "I think i misunderstand what you mean,..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

well, i know what i said sounds weird. but jimmy g looks like the type of QB who can elevate a franchise. make a team a contender for 10+ years. SB MVP is the best thing a QB can do, but i think there's a strong possibility that foles's next team will get saddled by a joe-flacco type contract.

-Dominic Rhodes
Unread 02-13-2018, 01:23 PM  
Posted in reply to Pete's post "Two words"
art vandelay
de Madrid

good point. the fact that we were able to get a first for that guy 7 years into his career blows my mind.

-Dominic Rhodes
Unread 02-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #16
Pete

Default First

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
good point. the fact that we were able to get a first for that guy 7 years into his career blows my mind.
and a 4th! Highway Robbery.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 01:29 PM  
Posted in reply to Pete's post "First"
art vandelay
de Madrid

lol. and the rams fleeced us into giving up foles and a 2nd for him. i don't think that teams have ever continually invested in an ordinary QB the way that they have in sam bradford.

-Dominic Rhodes
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #18
RSE
Señor Counsel

Never has an NFL player earned so much money for doing so little as Sam I Am has.

Jamie Asher earned his money from Eagles more than Bradford did.
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #19
AthensEagle

Yeah I'm half messing with you. "Foundation upon which to build franchise for the long term" would have been a more apt metaphor.
AthensEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:32 PM  
bobbyuk

bobbyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Howie sits him down and asks him what he wants to do while also explaining to him that if they get an out of this world offer for a trade, they need to do what's best for the franchise. Then, you ask him what 3 or 4 teams he'd like to be traded to if it comes to that.

Listening to his interviews when Wentz got injured, he knows this is Carson's team and that he is only keeping the seat warm. He has stated that he doesn't mind being the backup on this team and he loves playing for Pederson. He's already been traded once to a shit team. I think what Howie does is he renegotiates his contract so that it reduces the cap hit.

Of course it all depends on what they feel about Sudfeld as well. Can he be as successful as Foles in the regular season winning games if something else should happen to Wentz.
bobbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote