IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 02-07-2019, 03:34 PM  
Posted in reply to rothdawg's post starting "Iím not a Kuechel guy, might have to..."
JuTMSY4

Default yes and yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothdawg View Post
Iím not a Kuechel guy, might have to upgrade through trade. If they sign Harper, I can live with them upgrading there during the season. If they donít make another move, as others have pointed out, trading for Realmuto doesnít make sense. Today they went from an 82 win team to an 86 win team.
They're in the thick of it. I don't see how they don't get one of them. I think both is a distinct, if somewhat remote, possibility.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 03:39 PM  
Posted in reply to rothdawg's post starting "Iím not a Kuechel guy, might have to..."
SOS Crunchy

I don't think this team's done making trades. Williams/Franco will probably be gone in some package, especially if they sign Harper/Machado.
Unread 02-07-2019, 03:58 PM  
Posted in reply to SOS Crunchy's post starting "I don't think this team's done making..."
06hawkalum

IF they sign Harper and Machado this is your 2019 lineup:

Cesar
Hoskins
Harper
Machado
JTR
McCutcheon
Odubel
Segura

Time for Klentak to lock all doors and windows and bring this plane in for a landing!!!
06hawkalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 04:37 PM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "IF they sign Harper and Machado this is..."
Ground_Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06hawkalum View Post

Cesar
Hoskins
Harper
Machado
JTR
McCutcheon
Odubel
Segura

Time for Klentak to lock all doors and windows and bring this plane in for a landing!!!

LOL
Ground_Meat is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 04:51 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "LOL"
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground_Meat View Post
LOL
Real talk: they are getting one of Harper or Machado.

Swap in Williams or Franco for whoever they strike out on and that is still the best lineup in the league, bar none.
Unread 02-07-2019, 05:59 PM  
Posted in reply to SOS Crunchy's post starting "I don't think this team's done making..."
rothdawg

rothdawg is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed
rothdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 08:07 PM  
Posted in reply to Snakebitten's post starting "I'm not disputing Realmuto isn't an..."
SOS Crunchy

Sixto might have been their biggest asset now, but he might not have been next year. A 5'10, 100 mph thrower with sketchy elbow/arm issues doesn't scream sustainable and I think there's a reason they tried shopping him for Edwin Diaz earlier this offseason.
Unread 02-07-2019, 09:53 PM  
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
I don't think this team's done making trades. Williams/Franco will probably be gone in some package, especially if they sign Harper/Machado.
"Reports" are that Harper wants to be on the west coast, isn't in love with the idea of coming to Philly, and is willing to take a two or three year deal to play with the Dodgers or the Giants.

Take it for what it's worth. Could be Boras trying to squeeze the Phillies now that they went all in on JTR.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 10:42 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting ""Reports" are that Harper wants to be..."
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
"Reports" are that Harper wants to be on the west coast, isn't in love with the idea of coming to Philly, and is willing to take a two or three year deal to play with the Dodgers or the Giants.

Take it for what it's worth. Could be Boras trying to squeeze the Phillies now that they went all in on JTR.
It is definitely Boras squeezing the Phils. No one believes those horseshit rumors.

Harper will be a Phillie.
Unread 02-08-2019, 12:53 AM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "It is definitely Boras squeezing the..."
The Duck

That reminds me. I need to stay logged in.
Unread 02-08-2019, 06:17 AM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "IF they sign Harper and Machado this is..."
thegodfather

Quote:

Cesar
Hoskins
Harper
Machado
JTR
McCutcheon
Odubel
Segura

Get Machado and forget Harper, you still have Williams and Quinn, plus you can trade for another OF when you get rid of Franco. less than 2 years Trout will be hear bank on it.
thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2019, 09:29 AM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "It is definitely Boras squeezing the..."
J_Cuz31

J_Cuz31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Harper will be a Phillie.
The Philliesí offer has been collecting dust on the shelf for a month, why?
Unread 02-08-2019, 09:59 AM  
Posted in reply to J_Cuz31's post starting "The Philliesí offer has been collecting..."
06hawkalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
The Philliesí offer has been collecting dust on the shelf for a month, why?
Why? Because Scott Boras is trying to milk them for more by creating the illusion that there is competition for his services.
Unread 02-08-2019, 10:19 AM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting ""Reports" are that Harper wants to be..."
SOS Crunchy

I really think Boras/Lozano and the Phillies are playing a big game here, there's no way Harper leaves hundreds of millions of dollars on the table to get a 2-3 year deal on a west coast team.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/stor...-machado-chase

The above article is a pretty interesting read. If you don't have ESPN Insider, below are some of the highlights:

Agents and executives not involved believe the Phillies are in a position of strength. “If you’re the Phillies and you don’t believe you have [serious] competition for both of them, you’re just sitting and waiting,” said one agent. “Even if one of them signs [with another team], the other guy probably needs you, at your number.”

* Some of the executives and agents not involved in the talks also wonder about whether the public entrant of a supposed bidder could be read by the Phillies and White Sox and any other team serious involved as a sign of weakness, rather than strength. In recent days, public reports have linked Harper and Machado to the San Diego Padres, a franchise that doesn’t seem close to contention; Harper met with the Padres. “If I’m in [Boras’] position, I’m working like crazy to make sure that doesn’t [leak] out,” said one club official, “because it smells desperate. It makes it seem like you don’t have as much as you thought you would.”
Unread 02-08-2019, 09:13 PM  
Posted in reply to SOS Crunchy's post starting "I really think Boras/Lozano and the..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
I really think Boras/Lozano and the Phillies are playing a big game here, there's no way Harper leaves hundreds of millions of dollars on the table to get a 2-3 year deal on a west coast team.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/stor...-machado-chase

The above article is a pretty interesting read. If you don't have ESPN Insider, below are some of the highlights:

Agents and executives not involved believe the Phillies are in a position of strength. “If you’re the Phillies and you don’t believe you have [serious] competition for both of them, you’re just sitting and waiting,” said one agent. “Even if one of them signs [with another team], the other guy probably needs you, at your number.”

* Some of the executives and agents not involved in the talks also wonder about whether the public entrant of a supposed bidder could be read by the Phillies and White Sox and any other team serious involved as a sign of weakness, rather than strength. In recent days, public reports have linked Harper and Machado to the San Diego Padres, a franchise that doesn’t seem close to contention; Harper met with the Padres. “If I’m in [Boras’] position, I’m working like crazy to make sure that doesn’t [leak] out,” said one club official, “because it smells desperate. It makes it seem like you don’t have as much as you thought you would.”
That all makes more sense. That's why I put sneer quotes around "reports". Obviously, the market isn't what they expected them to be and Boras is in a position where he needs to save face. But so's Klentak, and Boras is going to try to squeeze every drop out of him.

I just hope it's over soon. This is beyond tiresome. And missing ST is no way to start a rebound season with a new club (and massive expectations) for Harper.

Last edited by The Duck; 02-08-2019 at 09:13 PM.