IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 02-06-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
Eagle Road

Default So there is an article about Nick Foles to the Giants,

On one hand I don't think Nick would go there because of his ties to the Eagles and their relationship, on the other hand he says he loves the City and he wouldn't even have to move. Thoughts?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...se-tag-for-qb/
Eagle Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Road View Post
On one hand I don't think Nick would go there because of his ties to the Eagles and their relationship, on the other hand he says he loves the City and he wouldn't even have to move. Thoughts?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...se-tag-for-qb/
There only needs to be a plausible threat thatís itís true. And the threat is absolutely plausible.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2019, 11:50 PM   #3
Maniac

Maniac is an unknown quantity at this point

Let him fkkk with Eli. Should be fun to watch
Unread 02-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #4
bobbyuk

bobbyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

He won't go to the Giants because they are still going to go with Manning at QB for this year; and he won't go to Washington, because they have too much guaranteed money--$74M tied up in Alex Smith.
bobbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 09:46 AM   #5
Susquehanna Birder

I'm with Bobby here. The whole point of him going somewhere is the intent for him to be the #1 guy. What makes people think that the Giants are ready to throw in the towel with Eli? (Not that I think he's that good...but they have already voiced some level of commitment with him, haven't they?)
Unread 02-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #6
RSE
SeŮor Counsel

He has the ring and the gravitas to replace Eli, or more to the point to enable the Vagiants to push Eli out. The Vagiants would be getting a quarterback perfectly acceptable to the fan base, a winner and leader who can step right in with competence and not waste another season of Barkley and Beckham’s prime. They wouldn’t have to roll the dice on a draft pick in a mediocre QB draft. I agree with the Duck.

Last edited by RSE; 02-07-2019 at 11:02 AM.
RSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #7
Ellsworth

I don't see him reuniting with Shurmur, personally. Think Jax makes by far the most sense.

But, I'd like to see him in NY personally. I think the 2 games a year vs the Vagiants would just get more interesting. I am of the belief I don't think Foles will enjoy the same success elsewhere that he does here. There's just something special that happens here for some reason and it doesn't translate to other NFL teams for him.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 11:14 AM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "He has the ring and the gravitas to..."
CbEagle

Yeah, that's the one place I do not want him to go and I think the Birds see that also.

ďIf Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,Ē Reilly wrote
CbEagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 11:29 AM  
Posted in reply to CbEagle's post starting "Yeah, that's the one place I do not..."
Williejay

Tags to trade apparently violates the CBA.
Williejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 11:37 AM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "I don't see him reuniting with Shurmur,..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
I don't see him reuniting with Shurmur, personally. Think Jax makes by far the most sense.

But, I'd like to see him in NY personally. I think the 2 games a year vs the Vagiants would just get more interesting. I am of the belief I don't think Foles will enjoy the same success elsewhere that he does here. There's just something special that happens here for some reason and it doesn't translate to other NFL teams for him.
Jacksonville does make more sense.

But if Jacksonville is sitting back and waiting for Foles to hit free agency, this possibility should concern them.

And thatís why itís useful, whether itís true or not.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2019, 03:48 PM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "I don't see him reuniting with Shurmur,..."
Eagle Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post

On this I agree, I love the guy, but I really don't know if what he accomplished here translates elsewhere. With that being said, if he did go to the Gmen with that running game and teams having to play"up" I could certainly see BDN having a field day in the secondary?

Last edited by Eagle Road; 02-07-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Unread 02-10-2019, 01:30 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Jacksonville does make more sense. ..."
smg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
Jacksonville does make more sense.

But if Jacksonville is sitting back and waiting for Foles to hit free agency, this possibility should concern them.

And thatís why itís useful, whether itís true or not.

jags have no defense
smg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2019, 02:20 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle Road's post starting "On this I agree, I love the guy, but I..."
Ellsworth

I think the lack of state taxes in Fla + reuniting with deFillippo on a team that ďshouldĒ be capable Of winning double Digits games makes Jax more appealing. They have some good young talent to build around as long as Ramsey doesnít f everything up for
Everyone.

Then again, his wife may wanna spend some of that money on Madison Avenue.

Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-10-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2019, 02:24 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle Road's post starting "On this I agree, I love the guy, but I..."
Greenstealth

Default Behind that o line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Road View Post
On this I agree, I love the guy, but I really don't know if what he accomplished here translates elsewhere. With that being said, if he did go to the Gmen with that running game and teams having to play"up" I could certainly see BDN having a field day in the secondary?

I could see bad nick having real trouble. Eli doesn't do them any favors but they are a trash team outside of skill positions
Greenstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2019, 02:54 PM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post "Behind that o line"
Eagle Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstealth View Post
I could see bad nick having real trouble. Eli doesn't do them any favors but they are a trash team outside of skill positions
Kind of a chicken and egg scenario isn't it? Eli doesn't have the quickest release in football combined with his lost in space look/indecision into the secondary, I just think Nick gets rid of the ball a lot quicker?

Last edited by Eagle Road; 02-10-2019 at 02:55 PM.