Donovan Mcnabb in hindsight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donovan Mcnabb in hindsight

It’s time we fix this error. This area should be forgotten. It’s time the front office corrects their mistake and un-retire #5. This is a solid number that our punter should always wear. In place of 5, #9 must be retired immediately while BDN is still gracing us with his presence.

Mr. Foles did what Mcnabb could NEVER do despite having multiple Hall of Famers carrying his out of shape ass.
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Not the biggest McNabb fan

I always felt he could’ve improved his mechanics and never really did, unlike Wentz who enlisted the help of a throwing teacher to correct some flaws. That said, he won a lot of football games with talent like Charles Johnson, Torrence Small, Todd Pinkston, James Thrash, Darnell Autry, and Amp Fucking Lee. He belongs on the ring of honor, he helped turned the culture around.

Foles was amazing and SB MVP, he provided us with the most important banner in franchise history. Though I don’t think he’s played here long enough to have #9 retired, I won’t complain one bit if it does go up, either.

Comment

Here's my honest take:

I don't believe McNabb accomplished enough to have his number retired.

I think Lurie just did it to provide entertainment to distract that the Eagles never won an SB to that point.

I always thought McNabb was a viable QB but he always disappointed me.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Mcnabb has a bad drinking problem and gave little effort in terms of conditioning. He was only interested in the bench press.

He also was a glory hog, passive aggressive and threw teammates under the bus. Every other retired number still carries on the eagles spirit and supports the franchise if alive. Mcnabb does not.
        I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

agreed. the number retirement was a good faith gesture. retirement is reserved for players whose numbers will never be worn the same way again. mcnabb was good, but not that good.

Comment

Horseshit
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Actually, my bad

It's FUCKING horseshit.

McNabb had a 92-49-1 record.

Five NFC East titles.

Five NFC Championship game appearances.

One Super Bowl appearance.

Six Pro Bowls.

9 playoff wins ... most in Eagles history.

He has the franchise record in yards passed.

Nah ... he doesn't deserve a retired number.
              Last edited by slag; 07-05-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Here's my honest take:

I don't believe McNabb accomplished enough to have his number retired.

I think Lurie just did it to provide entertainment to distract that the Eagles never won an SB to that point.

I always thought McNabb was a viable QB but he always disappointed me.
                The sad part is he could’ve been better than viable with a little more dedication to the game. Put Wentz’s work ethic into McNabb, and I don’t think it’s too far fetched to say there’d already be a Lombardi before this year.

Comment

Nobody would be saying shit if they got him a legit receiver in his second year (you know, like they did for Wentz).

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    It's FUCKING horseshit.

McNabb had a 92-49-1 record.

Five NFC East titles.

Five NFC Championship game appearances.

One Super Bowl appearance.

Six Pro Bowls.

9 playoff wins ... most in Eagles history.

He has the franchise record in yards passed.

Nah ... he doesn't deserve a retired number.
                    How many key playoff games did McNabb lose?

He was a good player for the Eagles but I don't think he deserves a retired number.

As I said before, i don't think I'd buy him a dinner. Well, maybe under the right circumstances.
                    --------

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      Nobody would be saying shit if they got him a legit receiver in his second year (you know, like they did for Wentz).
                      Ok, I'll grant you that point.
                      --------

Comment

He wins multiple Super Bowls if they got him Alshon Jeffrey's equivalent his second year and you damn well know it.

And someone better than Correll fucking Buckhalter at RB.

He was fucking Michael Jordan early on.

Comment

Well, he did have

Pinskson though

Comment

Holy fuck when did #5 get raised to the rafters, and why?

Did we retire his number for being the greatest chicken choker?

Comment

Actually

maybe we don't damn well know it because he still had Reid calling the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X