For those who would deal Simmons now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who would deal Simmons now

Looks like the Rockets are having some issues with Chris Paul and Harden. How about Simmons to Houston for Paul, another player or two (Gordon, etc.) and picks? And yes, I know Paul is no spring chicken.

Simmons would love it. He'll never have to shoot as long as he plays with Harden.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Wouldn't HATE it but I don't love it. Sounds like you're down on Ben

Comment

Chris Paul can't stay healthy and is a declining player. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        Looks like the Rockets are having some issues with Chris Paul and Harden. How about Simmons to Houston for Paul, another player or two (Gordon, etc.) and picks? And yes, I know Paul is no spring chicken.

Simmons would love it. He'll never have to shoot as long as he plays with Harden.
        Hell no. The Sixers should ride or die with Ben and JoJo.

If they die, so be it.

Comment

I'm not down on him, I still think he brings so much to the table. But you can mark me as officially "down on Ben Simmons" if he doesn't start shooting next year. It's time and it's what the team needs to be successful. That's the bottom line. It's about the team. Feel free to call me out haha.

Comment

Zero chance HOU would trade for Simmons w/ the way they want to play. He completely goes against their playing style.

Comment

Absolutely not

Paul is set to make $35 mil this upcoming season. Insanity.

Comment

Ha didn't realize that.

Comment

Ha didn't realize that.
                  Ya, I want them to re-sign Butler, but I’m afraid we will be looking at his contract 3 years from now in the same light...

Comment

I wouldn't trade him for Paul. Old player, ridiculously bad contract. Can't stay healthy.

I would trade him to Memphis for the 2nd overall pick though. But, Memphis won't do that.
                    Last edited by Ellsworth; 06-18-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                      I would trade him to Memphis for the 2nd overall pick though. But, Memphis won't do that.
                      I've said this before, Ja Morant would be nice and I would still move him for Jason Tatum. If they can't get anything equally or better, they have to keep him.

I still think Brand is overrated. He failed to improve the bench and that wasn't that tough to do.

Comment

I'm not down on him, I still think he brings so much to the table. But you can mark me as officially "down on Ben Simmons" if he doesn't start shooting next year. It's time and it's what the team needs to be successful. That's the bottom line. It's about the team. Feel free to call me out haha.
                        I'm with you. I also didn't see any personal accountability when the season was over. He said the team needed to get better. He's not good enough to talk like that. He needs to get better. Bad form.

Comment

Doesn't seem like a good idea. In hindsight they made a huge mistake not trading him for Kawhi last year but who knew that Golden State was going to be missing two of their top four players in the finals. I don't think they're going to get another chance like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                            I wouldn't trade him for Paul. Old player, ridiculously bad contract. Can't stay healthy.

I'd bet Memphis would, but I think you'd be selling low on Simmons. Remember, he's not necessarily viewed as a PG by all, and its possible he could be used differently somewhere else. Proven commodities, which he is though flawed, are worth more then what ifs. See dead arm down in Orlando.

Comment

I don’t think they’d do it simply because he would leave them as soon as his rookie deal ends.

I may be selling early on Simmons but I just don’t think he’s ever going to develop a jumper. And I’d rather sell a year early than late.

I think Jah morant is going to be exceptional. I’d trade
                              Simmons to find out.

Comment

Working...
                              X