Cubs sign Kimbrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs sign Kimbrel

There’s got to be a reason he was out so long. I guess time will tell if the FO made a mistake by not paying him.

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
    There’s got to be a reason he was out so long. I guess time will tell if the FO made a mistake by not paying him.
    Fuck him and his stupid beard
    Last edited by dev_32; 06-05-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Same as the Jake Arrieta situation, he sat and sat and nobody wanted to give him a deal because he was losing his stuff the previous year, Kimbrel did not even close for them in the W.S.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
        Same as the Jake Arrieta situation, he sat and sat and nobody wanted to give him a deal because he was losing his stuff the previous year, Kimbrel did not even close for them in the W.S.
        First it was money, but by June, it was just losing a draft pick. That's why he got signed so quickly after June 3 or whatever the deadline was.

Comment

THIS.

Comment

honestly, his stupid dangling arm stance is annoying as fuck.

Comment

How did it work out the last time we signed a douche bag closer?

It's just like the old saying goes. If you see a $20 on the street, you shouldn't bother to pick it up. If it were real, someone else already would have picked it up.

Comment

2.31 ERA and the Franchise all time saves leader? Plus he netted Nick Pivetta in a trade.

Papelbon was a turd, but it's hard to argue he wasn't worth it.

Comment

I think one could argue that he wasn't worth his contract. Didn't it make him untrade-able at a time when the last thing the Phillies needed was the highest-paid relief pitcher ever?

You're right that he produced though. It's probably a parallel I shouldn't have drawn.

Comment

Working...
                  X