Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest drawback to making it as far as they did...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest drawback to making it as far as they did...

Schwartz and even worse...Groh will be back

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/sta...22039638720512
    Larry and the Hipsters.

Juan Castillo is available

Comment

No one would have been fired even if this team had missed the playoffs.

Groh seemed most likely to be replaced, but the last 3 games of the regular season made it seem like Wentz's health had a lot do to with the offensive struggles, and that Jeffery's absence in the first two weeks also hurt Foles.

Comment

What happened in the last two games in the playoffs?
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Two things happened in the NO game

Originally posted by slag View Post
          Nick, after his first INT, became tentative and started missing easy throws. And, more importantly, once Brooks went out, we could not run it at all. Nick is at his best when the running game keeps Ds honest, not when the only effective avenue is the passing game.

As far as the Bears...they have a strong D, they made most Os look weak all year.
          Last edited by Birdwatcher; 01-15-2019, 03:37 PM.
          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Id argue the biggest drawback

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
            Schwartz and even worse...Groh will be back

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/sta...22039638720512
            Is drafting all the way back at 25...

Comment

It'd be nice if the Eagles didn't need all-pro personnel at every position to compensate for the lack of creative play calling.
              Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

I guess they shoulda tanked and gone for that 7-9 record.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  A performance by Foles better than what QBs typically did at Soldier Field in 2018.

Foles's worst career playoff game. I don't know what happened, but it definitely looked like he was playing tentatively.

I think everyone would have been coming back even if they hadn't gotten help from the Bears in week 17. But there's no way that a coordinator was going to take the "fall" for losing in the divisional round following an SB victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                    I guess they shoulda tanked and gone for that 7-9 record.
                    Nope. Playoffs are fun especially when you are the team no one wants to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      Nick, after his first INT, became tentative and started missing easy throws. And, more importantly, once Brooks went out, we could not run it at all. Nick is at his best when the running game keeps Ds honest, not when the only effective avenue is the passing game.

As far as the Bears...they have a strong D, they made most Os look weak all year.

Fox29 made it seemed like Nick was magical.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                        Nope. Playoffs are fun especially when you are the team no one wants to play.
                        I'M NOT SURE I BELIEVE IN THE NOTION...
                        'NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY'. IF YOUR AN ATHLETE, ESPECIALLY A PRO, YA WANT TO TAKE ON THE BEST OUT THERE.

AT LEAST I/ WE ALWAYS DID WHEN I WAS PLAYING, WHETHER IT BE FOOTBALL OR FAST PITCH SOFTBALL.
                        WHEN I WAS PITCHING I WANTED THE BIG BATS....WANTED THE CHALLENGE. ....
                        AND I GOT EM, THEY POUNDED MY FAST BALL SO FAR IT GOT LOST.
                        BUT I LOOKED FWD TO THE NEXT TIME, TO TRY MY CHANGE UP, OR CURVE BALL ....WHICH THEY POUNDED SO HARD IT GOT LOST.......

MY POINT BEING I WANTED TO FACE THEM. HEAD ON.... FACE TO FACE.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I honestly think Carson was the issue, not Groh.
                          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I think the run they went on tends to point in this direction. I don't mean it as a knock on Carson, I just don't think he was ready. If not physically, certainly mentally. We probably all discount how crazy it must have been to be playing at an MVP caliber level, get hurt and then watch the backup win the SB. That on top of the injury itself was probably a lot. I think he'll be back to normal next year.
                            Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-18-2019, 02:19 PM.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Exactly and it turned into Ertz is my safety blanket bc he had no training camp and all that ish. Hopefully Nick gone will help him.
                              WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Working...
                              X