View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2019, 07:17 AM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "I don't think it's about avoiding a..."
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fortunately, the Eagles have proven they are not adverse to risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
I don't think it's about avoiding a bidding war as much as it's about a team getting their guy. If the Jags, for example, want Foles, I think it would be worth at least a 3rd for them to keep him from going to the Redskins or the Dolphins.

Denver just gave up a 4th for Joe Flacco. Wouldn't the Ravens have cut him if they hadn't found a suitor?
...and whatís the risk here: having to franchise Foles and keep him on the roster the entire year because you canít find a trade partner? Ok.

Baltimore found a trade partner willing to take Flacco, who is a 34 year old QB and making $23m a year, for a mid 4th round pick. Denver certainly didnít wait for Flacco to be cut because Washington was sniffing around.

Foles is 30 with a much better resume over the past 3 years. He is the consensus best available QB even when Flacco was on the market. Are teams going to wait for him to be cut because they donít want to pay north of a 4th round pick?

I donít think so.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote