Sidney Jones: Player's Tribune piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidney Jones: Player's Tribune piece

If I was Roseman I'd strongly consider moving down in the first and taking "Lake" closer to end of round 1 and adding more picks in the process.

I don't think he will be available at 43 overall. Thought he would be their (our) pick at 14 if he didn't blow out his Achilles.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/si...ury-nfl-draft/

Why would you want a CB who blew out his Achilles? There's a good chance he'll never be the same. No thanks!

Comment

He is a real good player but there is too much depth at corner in this draft to use the first pick on a guy with a busted wheel.

I wouldnt be opposed if they maneuvered up a few spots to take him later on but they would regret missing out on a pass rusher if they used their first rounder on a player who wouldnt contribute much until 2018.

They can sit tight and either go with the best player available or deal back for more picks. In fact, this draft is so loaded the more picks they can get their hands on the better.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Wish him the best, but that injury is brutal.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Worse than jaylon smith's knee injury? Not even close and Smith went first pick in round 2. Just hope it doesn't work out for Dallas.

I'd prefer to wait on an elite talent like him later in first round and get more picks than reach for a lesser talent at 14.
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-19-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

This article analyzing Schwartz's corner tendencies - physical measurements, combine tests, actual NFL performance - is pretty interesting.

https://section215.com/2017/04/14/63734/

For what it's worth Sidney Jones didn't make the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              Worse than jaylon smith's knee injury? Not even close and Smith went first pick in round 2. Just hope it doesn't work out for Dallas.

I'd prefer to wait on an elite talent like him later in first round and get more picks than reach for a lesser talent at 14.
              Smith had nerve damage, so his was more severe. However, he still can't play. There's not a huge track record of guys coming back from a torn achilles. Both guys are probably fucked.
              Last edited by Melchior; 04-19-2017, 03:16 PM.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Demarious Thomas came back from one. Terrell Suggs came back from one in six months.

Jones already out of his cast & can run again in 2 weeks. He will play in 2016.

Comment

ProFootballDoc says you're off base

"Sidney Jones' optimism admirable, unfounded"

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...418-story.html

Jones may play in 2016, but he won't be fully healed or very effective

Doc also says chances are high he pops the other achilles, just like Suggs did

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    Demarious Thomas came back from one. Terrell Suggs came back from one in six months.

Jones already out of his cast & can run again in 2 weeks. He will play in 2016.
                    I hope you're right and I'm sure Jones will play eventually, but he'll never be the same. I just have a hard time spending anything close to a 1st on that kind of gamble.

I thought the Cowboys were idiots for taking Smith as high as they did.

Comment

Working...
                    X