Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, some of it was over the top

Especially against Thailand.
    But back to back World Cup wins says more about the team than anything else.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

For the record, outside of her penalty kicks, Rapinoe was very subpar throughout the World Cup. Morgan is easy on the eyes but her flopping throughout the tourney was embarrassing.

Lavelle and Dunn were the most consistent but they had to take a backseat to the subplots the other two were creating.

Comment

Heath is a much more complete threat on the right than Rapinoe on the left. Rapinoe got to the spot kicks which, to her credit, she does very well.

Morgan surprised me in that she is much better target forward than I thought she would be. She held up the ball well and got a few wicked shots off. And that high boot is a stone cold foul, if not a yellow card, anywhere else on the field. She was within her rights to go down.

Comment

Now in the last ten minutes of the Copa America final, Brazil, down to ten men and trying to kill off the game with a one goal lead, put on a masterclass of dramatic flopping the likes of which only the Brazilians and their cousins the Portuguese are capable.

Comment

They were calling "high boots" the entire tournament

Knew when they went to VAR it was going to be a PK...glad they scored another to win by 2
            Originally posted by RSE View Post
            Heath is a much more complete threat on the right than Rapinoe on the left. Rapinoe got to the spot kicks which, to her credit, she does very well.

Morgan surprised me in that she is much better target forward than I thought she would be. She held up the ball well and got a few wicked shots off. And that high boot is a stone cold foul, if not a yellow card, anywhere else on the field. She was within her rights to go down.

Comment

They were calling "high boots" the entire tournament

Knew when they went to VAR it was going to be a PK...glad they scored another to win by 2
              Originally posted by RSE View Post

Comment

MY DAD IS AN OLD SOCCER GEEK FROM BACK IN THE DAY WHEN IT WAS HUGE AT LIGHTHOUSE FIELD IN PHILLY.

HE WENT TO GIRARD COLLEGE, (HOME FOR FATHERLESS BOYS) HIS ENTIRE CHILDHOOD, THEY WERE BIG TIME SOCCER. CITY CHAMPS EVERY YEAR.

MY POINT AFTER THAT RAMBLE IS HE SAID NO WAY BACK THEN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A PENALTY KICK, THAT KIND OF STUFF HAPPENED A DOZEN TIMES A GAME. HE THOUGHT SHE WAS TRYING TO KICK IT OVER HEAD BACKWARDS AND JUST PLAN MISSED IT.

HE THOUGHT IT WAS A BAD CALL BUT EXTREMELY HAPPY THEY SCORED ANOTHER GOAL.
                Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 07-08-2019, 05:34 PM.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

You can make the case that our Julie Ertz is the most important player on the field for the US and I bet a lot of the players would agree. She does the most thankless job on the field, defensive midfielder screening the back four, responsible for transitioning for defense to offense to free the six attackers. She’s the smallest player on the field and always goes 90 minutes.

Comment

Meh. Ask Messi

how easy it is to bury penalty kicks.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

She was T.J. Oshie at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games.

Comment

They really need to start yellow carding that.

The rule is on the books. Thing is, it's like hop steps/travelling in the NBA. You see it called about once a month in all instances.

Then again, in South and Central America referees will die after making that call.

Comment

Working...
                        X