Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First let me answer a few questions you guys brought up—
    1. The game is either Oct 21 or 28.
    2. NO team got screwed out of their bye week. It was left up to the teams if they wanted a bye week after the trip. One team chose not to have their bye then.
    3. I know OB you hate the idea but just like basketball ;the Sixers are here tonight playing the Celtics) and hockey , our football is being globalised. They do have an American football league over here. London has 3 teams in it. Sean Payton used to QB the Leicester team long ago.
    4. If any of you come over I would be glad to show you around London if youve never been. We could get around much cheaper than taking one of those tour buses!!!

Birder, the hospitality package is your own private entrance to the suite, seats on the 50, drinks for 3 hours before the game, and one hour after. You have a cold buffet before the game and both a cold and hit buffet at halftime. You get a visit from some former players—Cecil Martin was over here in week 17. You get a collector’s edition game pass, and a program. That’s the basic hospitality package. There’s an upgraded one that includes a champagne reception before the game.
    Last edited by bobbyuk; 01-11-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Interesting. Sounds pricey. I might rather just tailgate (or whatever is acceptable) and sit in the stands with the other animals.

Comment

It is. The basic package is about $500 and the upgraded package about $680. They have a 2 game deal that goes about $1000. They have a huge tailgate section. This past season I went to see the Browns-Vikings at Twickenham and it was awesome. On the streets leading to the stadium they had food stalls and places hawking NFL merchandise. I will make one suggestion to anyone coming over. Try and get rooms in either a Travelodge or Premier Inn. Those are the only 2 places that charge per room per night. Everywhere else charges per person, per room per night.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. So the hospitality thing comes with a ticket? Or does it just cover the extra amenities?

Is the tailgate section something that only the hospitality folks can access?

Sorry to be so clueless...

Comment

May I recommend

http://www.durrantshotel.co.uk/

I was out to dinner in London and hailed a taxi back to the hotel. He asked where I was going. I told him Durrant's. He said "oh, you mean Fawlty Towers." True, very true.

Comment

Can anyone get that type of ticket or do you need to be part of a group?
              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Quality news

This is absolutely fantastic news only made better by the fact it’s at Wembley so I don’t have to dirty myself by going to Tottenham to see the Birds.

Gonna be accommodating a crowd from NJ for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                  It is. The basic package is about $500 and the upgraded package about $680. They have a 2 game deal that goes about $1000. They have a huge tailgate section. This past season I went to see the Browns-Vikings at Twickenham and it was awesome. On the streets leading to the stadium they had food stalls and places hawking NFL merchandise. I will make one suggestion to anyone coming over. Try and get rooms in either a Travelodge or Premier Inn. Those are the only 2 places that charge per room per night. Everywhere else charges per person, per room per night.

One thing I noticed about the Wembley games is how many US visitors stay in Wembley. For my money, if any of you lot are coming over, avoid Wembley like the plague. Stay in central London or anywhere on the Jubilee line. You’ll have much better surroundings, and an easy tube ride to the ground. Wembley itself is a hole.

Comment

Climbing?

The ratings are in the toilet ... they have to give make-goods to advertisers after wild card weekend.

As paraphrased from the most recent issue of Esquire:

In a league where one of it's biggest issues includes serious concerns over concussions, the owners are the ones who should have their heads examined for paying Goodell his most recent contract.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      Climbing?

The ratings are in the toilet ... they have to give make-goods to advertisers after wild card weekend.

As paraphrased from the most recent issue of Esquire:

In a league where one of it's biggest issues includes serious concerns over concussions, the owners are the ones who should have their heads examined for paying Goodell his most recent contract.
                      Ratings are down, but it's not all bad. See the following linked article. I think that anybody that won't watch the NFL for political reasons has already self selected themselves out of the audience by now, so probably the bleeding has been stanched.

Interesting to note that the late Sunday afternoon games are the biggest draw.

http://adage.com/article/media/ratings-slum/311777/
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I went to a Premiere League game (QPR vs Newcastle United, Loftus Road Stadium) a few years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, if you're looking to save money, just find a place within the tube's five zones? I stayed in Ealing, London (Hotel Xanadu) and everything was within walking distance of the London Underground. I didn't have to rent a car. I used the 'Days out Guide' for a lot of the tourist traps (buy one, get one free). I did a bus day trip to Stonehenge for only $100 per person. Overall, the air, hotel, and transportation was surprisingly not that expensive. London (food and drink) is very expensive. Very beautiful city.

Comment

Anyone can.

Comment

No one should have to rent a car coming to London. It’s just like when I go to Philly. There’s enough public transportation to get to where you want to go. In 2016 I took PATH and regional rail to places outside of Philly where I wanted to go. And in London, since last year if you take two buses within an hour of boarding the first one you only get charged the initial fare.

Comment

Bobby is spot on. Hiring a car in London would be more of a hindrance than a help. I would caution against staying just anywhere inside zone 5 though as some stations are a fair trek from Wembley. That being said, there are plenty of cheaper, decent hotels in zone 2. Take Canary Wharf even. You’ve got a few budget hotels here which will serve anyone wanting to save a few quid and get to the game in good time whilst also being well situated to get to other places.

Here’s a couple.

https://www.pointahotels.com/our-hot...rfzyVlBcmt7.97

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/...on%20Docklands

Comment

To Overbrook's point, you would be doing yourself a huge injustice if you didn't visit the country during your stay. London is truly one of the nicest cities in the world.

As far as transportation, if I recall correctly, I just bought the Oyster Travelcard which covered everything from the tube, trains, and buses.
                                Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-12-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X