PHILLY SPECIAL: Def one of my top ten moments in Phila. Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking Flyers.......

Prior to game 6, the lights go down and out waddles Kate Smith to sing God Bless America in all her glory.

Bobby Orr skates over when she’s finished and hands her a bouquet of red roses, but it’s too late. The damage had been done and the Broons didn’t have a chance! What an electric moment!
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Greg Gross used to be my neighbor. One of the best pinch hitters in mlb.

Comment

Some of my top moments aside from the obvious from this year would be

1. 4th & 26 - Fredex always delivers.

2. I do not remember the year but the Farve lead packers were playing in Philly. I was at the game with my dad. Farve was trying to pull his gun slinger routine and went to throw a deep bomb, to this day I do not know who his target was as the only person in the general area was B-Dawk. As soon as the ball left his hands the entire stadium lept to their feet as you could see it going to Dawkins for the pic.

3. I am thinking it was the 08 playoff run where the Eagles played a 4: o'clock game and the cowboys were a 1 o'clock. We needed either the cowboys to lose or the Eagles to win to get into the playoffs. as 4 rolled in we found out the cowboys lost and the stadium became a party. I never heard the Linc that loud. I believe we won the game with our backups but I could be wrong.

Comment

came here to say this

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post

1) Utleys fakeout in the World Series
          But I'll also add Simon Gagne's game winner in the 2010 Eastern Conf. Finals to complete the comeback on the broons

And I think it took too long to get to 4th and 26.
          Last edited by JuTMSY4; 05-14-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Well ... Halladay's no-hitter does not qualify under the rules set by IE.

And this is kind of off the track but I think the knee ball that caromed to Torrey Smith, which should have been a pick (maybe a pick six) may have saved last season ... considering how that game was going at the time and how it ended up (it still took a slip by Julio Jones not to lose it)
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

that moment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              And this is kind of off the track but I think the knee ball that caromed to Torrey Smith, which should have been a pick (maybe a pick six) may have saved last season ... considering how that game was going at the time and how it ended up (it still took a slip by Julio Jones not to lose it)
              is going to be one of those moments that isn't all that cool to watch, but I think we all recognize the importance of that play in retrospect. I tend to agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post
                Some of my top moments aside from the obvious from this year would be

1. 4th & 26 - Fredex always delivers.

2. I do not remember the year but the Farve lead packers were playing in Philly. I was at the game with my dad. Farve was trying to pull his gun slinger routine and went to throw a deep bomb, to this day I do not know who his target was as the only person in the general area was B-Dawk. As soon as the ball left his hands the entire stadium lept to their feet as you could see it going to Dawkins for the pic.
                Same game (2003 NFC Divisional Playoffs).

Comment

I still have this in my Top 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPPG96PnFl0

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Well ... Halladay's no-hitter does not qualify under the rules set by IE.

Fine. The great play Chooch made on the last out of the no-hitter.

Comment

that's up there. i think i went even crazier for ryan howard's "get me to the plate boys" game-tying double. those were both top 5 before this past eagles postseason.

Comment

USA chant at the Phillies game the night Bin Ladin got whacked was cool too.
                        YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                          Do you have others? I'm not talking about games, I'm talking about plays/moments.
                          I'd have to include one of 3 Randall plays - here's 2 (the punt and the TD pass), the other is that TD he threw against the vagiants when it looked like he was tackled, popped up and threw it into the endzone

"I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Comment

Bobby Clarke game 2 cup finals OT winner.

Comment

Two excellent picks.

Everyone mention in this thread is great, even if they don’t qualify as a play. The Astros/ Phillies series was epic, for instance.

Comment

Working...
                                X